Certified Nurses Aide
Location: New York
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Certified Nursing Assistant, under the supervision and
direction of a licensed nurse, provides direct and indirect care as
delegated and as appropriate to the ages of residents served and
areas of clinical practice. Participate in resident care service as
directed by the Charge Nurse in accordance with in-service
- Make room rounds at beginning of shift and as assigned
- Provide or assistant in resident bath(partial, bed, shower,
tub), mouth care hair care, shaving , back rub, dressing,
- Prepare resident unit/room to receive resident admission,
transfer, etc. Changes bed linen. Handles and appropriately care
for residents' clothing and other personal property from admission
- Respond promptly to residents' signal lights
- Prepare residents for meals, assist and or feed residents,
providing P. O. fluids, and nourishment as directed.
- Assist with range of motion, lifting, turning, positioning,
transferring and ambulating as directed, using proper body
mechanics. Apply and utilize special equipment, i.e., cane, walker,
pressure relieving devices, splints, mechanical lift, etc.,
according to instructions.
- Transport residents via stretcher, wheelchair, Geri chair or
bed. Provide other transport duties required for resident
- Utilize appropriate precautions in providing general care to
residents in isolation.
- Take residents' temperature, pulse, respiration, height and
weight as directed.
- Perform routine procedures, including enemas, Assist the health
care team in other technical treatments or procedures as
- Report immediately to Charge Nurse regarding any change in
- Provide post mortem care as per established policy and
- NYS Nursing Assistant Certification required plus one year
Graduate of high school program or the equivalent
Keywords: Archcare, New York , Certified Nurses Aide, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!