Director of Product Design
Location: New York
Posted on: June 12, 2021
We're hiring a Director of Product Design to be the "founding
designer" for IMG Academy+, an online extension of IMG Academy, the
world-renowned education, sports and performance institution.
IMG Academy+ is a mobile-first platform that will deliver the
Academy expertise to a far larger audience, helping
student-athletes around the world reach their potential and achieve
their dreams. As Director of Product Design, you'll join our
entrepreneurial product team, leading the UX / UI of IMG Academy+
from concept through execution.
The majority of our team is based in New York City but we
support remote work.
Established in 1978 as the pioneering Nick Bollettieri Tennis
Academy in Bradenton, Florida, IMG Academy has since grown into a
multi-sport phenomenon. Our boarding school and sports camps
leverage best-in-class coaching, training and sports science,
setting the standard for total student-athlete development.
IMG Academy is part of the Endeavor network of companies.
Endeavor is a global media and entertainment company with
world-class brands and capabilities across talent representation,
sports, fashion, event management, and brand marketing. It is
comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency WME;
and sports, fashion, events, and media company IMG.
Title: Director of Product Design
- Build a strong design culture as the founding product designer
on the IMG Academy+ Team.
- Organize user research from beginning to end including
concepting, socializing insights, and incorporating feedback into
- Become an expert on various user personas and continually
champion their needs.
- Define the end-to-end customer journey, from first impression
and consideration of our product, to onboarding, engagement and
- Identify tradeoffs and recommend design solutions based on
qualitative and quantitative research.
- Provide strategic thinking and innovation based on business
goals and vision.
- Communicate with the marketing and sales teams to maintain a
consistent experience between the product and real-life experiences
at IMG Academy.
- Take ownership of the design-development collaboration,
partnering closely with cross-functional partners like product,
engineering, research, data science, and content.
- Ensure consistency in our design language system, platform
architecture, and continually develop our best practices.
- Contribute to business strategy, requirement definition, and
- Facilitate alignment with stakeholders across the org and all
levels of leadership.
Experience, Skills and Interests
- You have at 10+ years of experience as a research-driven
designer in consumer technology organizations.
- You are an effective communicator who can articulate ideas and
design solutions to teammates and leadership.
- You have designed complex multi-sided platforms and customer
- You have an affinity for style, consistency, color, typography,
animation and a sharp eye for details.
- You have experience owning the UX process inclusive of
research, visual design and prototyping.
- You put yourself in the customer's shoes and develop ideas that
are relevant and enticing.
- You follow current trends in design patterns, platforms and
technology, and have the ability to advocate for incorporating them
within larger teams.
- You have a portfolio showcasing app design visuals, wireframes,
and comps that communicate large concepts.
- You see diversity and inclusion as a Must-Have for a good work
environment and a basis for innovation.
- You care strongly about contributing to an equitable work
- You have a passion for sports, human performance and the
development of young people.
- Requires a background check upon offer
- Requires a drug check upon offer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: New Growth
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse
and inclusive work environment.
Keywords: IMG, New York , Director of Product Design, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!