Senior Contract Manager
Company: Bowery Residents Committee
Location: New York
Posted on: June 12, 2021
MAKE AN IMPACT!!
Are you looking to make a positive impact on the lives of those
in your community? At BRC, our staff help New Yorkers experiencing
homelessness reclaim their lives by providing a hand up, offering
opportunities for health and self-sufficiency, and restoring hope
Each and every BRC staff member makes heroic contributions to
our city, providing vital services in times of crisis and need.
Through our commitment to employee wellbeing and development, BRC
provides a workplace where staff can achieve their goals, make a
difference with our clients, and grow personally and
professionally. BRC is committed to a safe and healthy workplace:
we provide PPE to all employees and enforce temperature monitoring
and physical distancing best practices across our programs.
Today, we have over 1000 full-time, part-time, and per-diem
positions located in Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx and Queens.
Come and learn why 95% of BRC employees report that they would
recommend BRC as a good place to work, and join us in building a
more caring and compassionate city.
Full-time, 37.5 hours per week
Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 5:30pm
Reporting to the Vice President for Contracts and Grants the
Senior Contract Manager will manage and report on contract funding
programming and services.
- Pre-Award: Assists in pre-award activities including reading
proposal guidelines; collecting, composing, and/or preparing
administrative components for proposal submissions; preparing
applications, performing funding searches, developing and preparing
budgets, and monitoring regulatory compliance requirements.
- Post-Award: Perform in post-award activities including account
creation, regulatory compliance monitoring, salary and insurance
allocations and effort reporting, materials order processing,
invoice preparation, payment processing, cost center charges, cost
transfers, grant projections, grant closing processes and account
- Coordinates and ensures completion of monthly and annual
reports. Work on ad hoc financial reports and serve as a point of
- Maintains contractual records and documentation such as receipt
and control of the contract correspondence, subcontract information
sheets, contractual changes, status reports and other documents for
- Works on all aspects of government contract audits including
pre-audit preparation of requested documents, actively participate
in the auditor's site visit and follow up as needed.
- Ensures timely contract close-out, extension or renewal,
modifications, and monitor transaction compliance (milestones,
deliverables, invoicing etc.).
- Along with VP of Contracts, presents monthly budget to actual
financials (P and L) and contract variations to senior operating
staff, explaining details, cause and effect, etc.
- Works with Finance/Program management to ensure adherence to
broader finance and risk requirements such as revenue recognition,
pricing, discounting, bidding policies, etc. as well as able to
understand/evaluate economic impact of contractual terms.
- Manages contract audit, validates site billings, conducts audit
of supporting documentation.
- Reviews process and procedures relating to reporting and makes
recommendations for improvements.
- Related duties as assigned.
- BS in Accounting/Finance preferred
- Working Knowledge of GAAP accounting required (not for
- Three to four years' experience in non-profit sector and
interaction with senior/executive staff preferred
- Experience with non-profit accounting systems, especially
Intacct (Sage) a plus
- Experience working with DHS, DOHMH, HASA, DFTA, HUD, MTA, OMH
and other funding agency contracts a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills are a must this position will
interact heavily with Human Resources, Program and operating staff
and various government funding agencies
- Strong computer skills including word processing and
spreadsheet skills required (MS Office)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and presentation skills required.
- Attention to detail required.
- Financial analysis skills required.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion, and tact
- Strong time management skills, including ability to handle
multiple, concurrent tasks required.
- Ability to maintain effectiveness under deadlines
BRC takes the health, safety, and wellbeing of our employees
seriously. Employees are eligible for health insurance and paid
sick time benefits immediately upon starting work. In addition,
full time employees receive a generous benefits package,
- Competitive health and dental plans, with coverage is available
for your spouse, domestic partner, and dependents.
- A minimum of 3 weeks paid vacation, 11 paid holidays, and
additional paid sick and personal time. A 403(b) pension plan with
a matching benefit paid by BRC.
- Tuition assistance and many training opportunities for career
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs) are available so employees
can set aside pre-tax dollars for healthcare, transit and
Keywords: Bowery Residents Committee, New York , Senior Contract Manager, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!