VP of Sales, Kognito
Company: Ascend Learning
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Ascend Learning is a national leader in data driven, online
educational solutions for learners, educators and employers in
high-growth, licensure-driven professions spanning healthcare,
fitness and wellness, skilled trades, insurance and financial
services. We are passionate about accelerating learning while
impacting job readiness, employment success and employee retention
with the belief that our work changes lives.
Our culture is intentionally results-driven and selfless with a
relentless focus on our customers. We believe in trust,
transparency, freedom and responsibility with a commitment to
meritocracy, inclusion and diversity of thought. Continual
investment in our over 1400 employees is also a core principle
realized through ongoing professional development and providing
opportunities to grow, develop and lead. Ascend Learning is
headquartered in Burlington, MA with additional office locations
and remote workers in cities across the U.S. and in the U.K.
Kognito is a leader and innovator in developing digital
role-play simulations where users engage in conversations with
virtual humans to prepare them to lead effective conversations in
real-life that result in improved social, emotional, and physical
health. We work with more than 300 organizations across K-12
schools, higher education, healthcare, and government, with more
than 1 million people having completed Kognito simulations. Our
team of 50+ people includes learning scientists, software
engineers, marketers, product managers, sales professionals,
graphic artists, writers, and operations specialists.
The Kognito Vice President of Sales is responsible for
developing and executing the brand's overall sales strategy across
both direct and third-party channels. This person will lead:
- a) Kognito's new business sales team to drive direct new client
- b) Kognito's client success team to grow our existing client
- c) Channel, licensing, and business development
The role is responsible for all of Kognito's target markets -
with a direct sales focus on education and healthcare markets in
The VP of Sales reports directly to Kognito's GM and
collaborates with Product Management, Marketing, Legal, Operations,
Finance, and Information Technology to deliver innovative products
to our customers, increase market share, and grow profitably.
- Develop annual sales plan in support of organizational strategy
to deliver on revenue and EBITDA goals.
- Direct the implementation and execution of sales processes and
best practices, including solution selling and data-driven pipeline
management and forecasting.
- Build, develop and manage Kognito's expanding sales team to
- Personally establish strong relationships with larger potential
clients and existing customers, and lead strategic channel,
licensing, and business development initiatives.
- In conjunction with Product Management and Marketing, develop
product solutions and sales strategies that drive sustainable and
profitable growth based on market research and competitive
- Optimize contracts, pricing strategies and delivery models to
grow client lifetime value.
- Work closely with marketing to develop effective promotional
materials and demand generation campaigns that clearly distinguish
Kognito's value proposition.
- Drive client engagement initiatives ranging from initial point
of contact to onboarding and to the ongoing client success
- Direct responsibility for managing and leading sales employees
to deliver upon sales goals in addition to creating personalized
plans to help grow and develop each team member's skill set.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Strong business acumen and experience with direct and channel
sales, contract negotiations, team building and sales team
- Experience successfully managing sales practices, sales
training, compensation, team structure, outside vs. inside reps /
BDRs, territories, and quotas/goals within a growing sales
- Strong knowledge of CRM systems and associated technologies to
manage sales team success. Close prior working relationships with
Sales Ops teams.
- Demonstrated ability to exceed sales goals and meet
- Excellent leadership, communication, organizational and
- Excellent time management and problem-solving skills
- A history of building relationships with satisfied clients
- Possesses a strategic view of business and a creative mindset
- Understanding of how to implement tactical plans to execute on
emerging strategies and to penetrate new markets
- Strong collaborative approach and ability to work cross
functionally to accomplish organizational objectives
- Reviews, assesses, and analyzes results, key drivers, and
performance indicators regularly
- Leads the right balance of in-person vs. remote meetings to
achieve sales goals (up to 50% travel is required)
- Technology literate and proficient with Microsoft Office and
other standard tools
Required Education and Experience:
- Ten or more years of progressive, successful experience in
sales leadership, including meaningful experience selling SaaS or
other Ed Tech solutions to educational institutions (with
healthcare experience a plus)
- Proven track record of exceeding revenue goals, with strong
- Demonstrated experience building, leading and developing direct
sales organizations that have driven rapid revenue growth
- Experience driving revenue creation through channel partners
and licensing relationships, in addition to direct sales
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA a plus
Required Leadership Experience
This individual must be a team player who demonstrates
outstanding maturity and leadership, unquestionable integrity,
ethics and moral character, and acts in a way consistent with
Ascend Learning's values:
- Drives differentiated results, creates a compelling and
inspiring strategy, builds and sustains broad followership, and
role models the company values.
- Thrives on change and continuous improvement, deals effectively
with ambiguity, and adapts appropriately to a range of
- Demonstrates and fosters a sense of urgency, strong commitment,
and accountability while making sound decisions and achieving
- Focuses on an exceptional customer experience and drives
innovation to create an atmosphere that supports new ideas and
- Articulates, inspires, and engages commitment to a plan of
action aligned with organizational mission and goals.
- Ensures the development of a diverse pool of talent to meet
current and future organizational needs.
Ascend Learning, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer (M/F/Vets/Disabled). No agency or search firm submissions
will be accepted. Applications for U.S. based positions with Ascend
Learning, LLC must be legally authorized to work in the United
States and verification of employment eligibility will be required
at the time of hire.
Keywords: Ascend Learning, New York , VP of Sales, Kognito, Other , Flushing, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!