Senior Developer (Python) - Vice President
Company: Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
Location: New York
Posted on: June 12, 2021
This role resides within the Nikko Information Technology Group
team and you will be part of an established development team. Here
at Nikko, you will work in a dynamic and fast-paced team
environment and be valued as a key member. You will be working with
peers for code review and project tasks in a very feedback
receptive environment. While you will be managing multiple
tasks/projects and working with your colleagues, you will also be
able to work independently on technical solutions and research for
specific business needs. The Senior Developer role will have you
working in Python to design and build new applications to interface
between front office and back office systems.
Reporting to the Tech Lead, this position entails development of
a new application to interface between front office and back office
systems using Python. The developer will liaise with SME's directly
and is responsible for end to end delivery of this application
including requirements capture, build and testing. Aside from this
task, you will also participate in other business workstreams for
application development and design.
- Lead large-scale application design, development, and
maintenance of securities platforms and systems.
- Work with project managers, business analysts and development
lead to help build a middleware/ETL.
- Provide architectural and design recommendation using
- Take part as one of the developers to help build / map in
- Code using best practices and ensure minimal maintenance is
- Effectively communicate with project team and vendor to resolve
- Communicate with front office trading desks, Ops, and Back
office Controllers to gather requirements and to synthesize
technology solutions to meet business objectives.
- Work with architects to design and develop Python and Java
based functions and micro-services for the business.
- Write high-quality automation test scripts and work
independently to resolve technical issues through analysis,
debugging, and research/investigation.
- Maintain and manage support of production components and look
to automate redundant workflows.
- Conduct code reviews with team members to effectively
collaborate better solution practices.
- Excellent understanding of Object Oriented Programming
fundamentals using Java, C#, and Python.
- Excellent knowledge of .NET utilities and tools, as well as MS
- Excellent knowledge of fundamentals of CSE.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of FIX connectivity, ETL, conversant in ITIL is a
- Familiarity with Test tools/ framework (Junit/ NUnit/ PyTest
- Understanding of SQL fundamentals (joins, performance tuning
- Good understanding of broker/dealer/investment banking products
(equities, fixed income, other products) and operational knowledge
- Good understanding of finance and how technology applies to
industry is a plus.
Keywords: Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, New York , Senior Developer (Python) - Vice President, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!