Sr Lead Data Analyst
Provides business and technical expertise for the analytics
process, tools and useful applications across multiple functions or
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Consulting to clients on tool and strategy implementation and
monitoring, statistical scoring, business intelligence, data
quality, and analytical product / solution development.
- Determining the optimal analytic approach and supporting
development, implementation and enhancements.
- Conceptualizing, developing and continuously optimizing
dashboard reporting for operations and executive management to
enable data driven decision making.
- Analyzing results for multiple functions and communicating
conclusions from complex models to a wide range of audiences.
- 5 Years Required; 7 Years Preferred
- University (Degree), Preferred
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
- Experience in Fraud area/business knowledge of financial
- Strong technical, analytical and business skills.
- Experience writing complex queries in Oracle, Excel, Visio &
- Experience in Hadoop big data, ability to work with JSON/XML
structures, structured and unstructured data.
- Experience using hive, hue, impala, SQOOP, Spark, python.
- Experience using tools such as SQL developer, Splunk, Tableau,
- Experience identifying critical data elements, knowledge of
Data quality and data governance techniques
- Self-starter, Quick learner and able to glean insights from the
data and present it clearly.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills and ability
to understand process flows and data flows.
- Ability to hit the road running without the need for extensive
- Strong Communication skills
- Experience working with offshore teams
- Kafka and Splunk understanding preferred
- Experience with data quality concepts, best practices and
- Familiarity with Financial services products such as
Retirement, brokerage, Mutual funds and Retirement products a big
- Experience with Fraud prevention and management; demonstrated
knowledge of data structure, data systems/tools and related
software and data management policies and practices in a complex
organizational environment preferred
- Deep understanding of how data supports business strategy & how
data is used within business processes and its impact
- Communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Effective time management & maintaining a focus on high
standards and quality
Potential Salary: $131,600.00 USD
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to,
relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers,
prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In
addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may
include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive
program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary
incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other
non-annual incentive plans).
TIAA is the leading provider of financial services in the
academic, research, medical, cultural and government fields. We
offer a wide range of financial solutions, including investing,
banking, advice and education, and retirement services.
Benefits and Total Rewards
The organization is committed to making financial well-being
possible for its clients, and is equally committed to the
well-being of our associates. That's why we offer a comprehensive
Total Rewards package designed to make a positive difference in the
lives of our associates and their loved ones. Our benefits include
a superior retirement program and highly competitive health,
wellness and work life offerings that can help you achieve and
maintain your best possible physical, emotional and financial
well-being. To learn more about your benefits, please review our
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age,
race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
Read more about the Equal Opportunity Law here.
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our
online application process to provide an equal employment
opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable
accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the
below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
For residents of California, please click here to access the
TIAA CA Applicant Privacy Notice.
For residents of the EU / UK, please click here to access the EU
/ UK Pre-employment Notice.
For all other residents, click here to access the Applicant