together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to
create the worlds best entertainment and online experiences. As a
Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and
fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a
wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of
change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable
people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for
millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for
teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to
lead the future in media and technology, we want you to
fast-forward your career at Comcast.
About FreeWheel FreeWheel, A Comcast Company, empowers all segments
of The New TV Ecosystem. We are structured to provide the full
breadth of solutions the advertising industry needs to achieve
their goals. We provide the technology, data enablement and
convergent marketplaces required to ensure buyers and sellers can
transact across all screens, across all data types, and all sales
channels, in order to ensure the ultimate goal – results for
marketers. With offices in New York, San Francisco, Chicago,
London, Paris, Beijing, and across the globe, FreeWheel, A Comcast
Company, stands to advocate for the entire industry through the
FreeWheel Council for Premium Video. For more information, please
We are looking for a savvy Sr. Data Engineer to join our growing
engineering team in New York, New York to design and build a robust
set of tools and pipelines to support data ingestion, audience
creation, insights, and analytics efforts. You'll manage and
optimize our core infrastructure by creating and maintaining data
pipelines. You will work with other engineers and product managers
to design, implement, and maintain a data ecosystem that delivers
actionable insights to make key business decisions. You have
technical chops but can also work independently to prioritize
issues, work within ambiguity, and manage conflicting deadlines.
You are creative, data-driven, results-oriented, and eager to dig
into data problems of varying complexities.
Out data engineering team is responsible for creating the
identity data ecosystem to help our clients understand their
audiences, get insights and take actions. We build and maintain
high-quality data solutions to process terabytes of data on the
state of the art cloud-native data platform using AWS.
In this role, you will
* Support technical designs and implementation for strategic
initiatives end to end and working cross-functionally to ensure
* Develop and expand technical solutions to ingest and process
terabytes of data from various data sources.
* Manage, improve, and build the next generation of data tools
and frameworks, in addition to developing and maintaining data
products and infrastructure.
* Support and troubleshoot data and/or system issues.
* Collaborate with external teams to identify, troubleshoot, and
permanently resolve data quality issues.
* Develop in-house tools to automate common tasks.
* Wrangle huge amounts of data using Apache Spark, Redis, MySQL
and other tools to explore new data sets as the business grows.
* Work with languages like Go, Scala, Java, Python, Bash, and
* Share learnings with wider engineering teams by doing
technical demos! We love to show our work and learn from others.
* Mentor and provide guidance to junior colleagues and new team
* Collaborate with the Data Science team, Data Operations team,
and Data engineers to translate complex product requirements into
working high-quality cloud-native data solutions.
Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science or similar
field of study
* 3-5+ years of hands-on work in the field of Software
development and Big Data.
* Ability to write good quality code in Go, Scala, Java or
* Experience with CI/CD tools like Terraform, Jenkins, etc is
* You can work efficiently with the Linux command
* Must be versatile and an inquisitive problem solver.
* Excellent communication and writing skills
* Strong skills in SQL and proven experience working with at
least one of the major database platforms.
* Extra points if you have an AWS certification, and have worked
previously on S3, EMR, Glue, EC2, IAM, Athena, Lambda, and other
* Seems like something you might be interested
in? We want to meet you to discuss this exciting
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and
technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration
- Designs new software and web applications, supports
applications under development and customizes current applications.
Develops software update process for existing applications. Assists
in the roll-out of software releases.
- Trains junior Software Development Engineers on internally
developed software applications.
- Oversees the researching, writing and editing of documentation
and technical requirements, including evaluation plans, test
results, technical manuals and formal recommendations and
- Keeps current with technological developments within the
industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and
products. Reviews literature, patents and current practices
relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and
guidance with regards to practices, procedures and techniques.
Serves as a guide and mentor for junior level Software Development
- Assists in tracking and evaluating performance metrics. Ensures
team delivers software on time, to specification and within
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications
fit specification and technical requirements.
- Displays expertise in knowledge of engineering methodologies,
concepts and skills and their application in the area of specified
- Displays expertise in process design and redesign skills.
Presents and defends architectural, design and technical choices to
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in
matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to
work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
- This information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides
to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales
positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an
applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a
Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We
believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need
when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter
most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance
and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of
your reality – to help support you physically, financially and
emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the compensation
and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.