Research Data Associate
Company: NYU Langone Health
Location: New York
Posted on: July 22, 2021
NYU Grossman School of
Medicine is one of the nation's top-ranked medical
schools. For 175 years, NYU Grossman School of Medicine has trained
thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the
course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people.
An integral part of NYU Langone
Health, the Grossman School of Medicine at its core is
committed to improving the human condition through medical
education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For
more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us
on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Research Data
In this role, the successful candidate The Research Data Associate
(RDA) will work at NYU Langone Health and Bellevue Hospital. S/he
will work on multiple health services research studies, including a
federally funded study entitled Financial Incentive Strategies for
Smoking Cessation in High-Risk Hospitalized Patients II (FIESTA II
The grant is co-led by Drs. Joseph Ladapo of the Department of
Medicine at UCLA and Scott Sherman of the Section for Tobacco
Alcohol and Drug Use in DPH. The RDA will assist the study Research
Coordinator in ensuring the accurate execution of the study
protocol in accordance with Good Clinical Practices, HIPAA, IRB,
and sponsor regulations. The RDA will obtain informed consent and
administer surveys to patients. S/he will transfer data from
patient surveys and other forms to REDCap, the state Quitline. The
RDA will be responsible for setting up, distributing, and recording
payment of all participant incentives. S/he will interface directly
with patients/subjects to provide education about the study and
obtain informed consent, and with the studys Principal
Investigator, Co-Investigators, and other study staff to provide
updates about the studys progress and any issues that arise. S/he
will also be responsible for study-related administrative duties,
including procuring supplies, scheduling meetings, and maintaining
- 1. Enroll patients in the study, obtain informed consent
2. Administer surveys to patients
3. Process forms and transfer data to the state Quitline or to the
text messaging service
4. Transfer data from surveys and forms completed by patients into
5. Assist the Project Manager in preparing IRB initial and
continuing review applications to ensure study meets all regulatory
- 6. Conduct preliminary data analysis and prepare reports to
share with study staff
7. Administer and document participant payments
- 8. Demonstrates knowledge of the organizations Core Values and
incorporates them into the performance of duties.
9. Human Subjects Research Assists in the submission of necessary
documents required by the Institutional Review Board (IRB), in
order to obtain approval to conduct human subjects research.
Secures accurate signatures and forward documents and/or forms to
appropriate destination. Ensures the accurate execution of research
protocols in accordance with Good Clinical Practices, HIPAA.
Monitors any outward effects or issues regarding patient/subject
safety and reports this to the appropriate party. Oversees the
monthly enrollment statistics and provides other information in
timely manner to the Project Manager and PI, as necessary.
10. Study Regulations Aware of study regulatory status and keeps an
up to date copy of regulatory documents. Assists with the informed
consent process and ensures that participants fully understand what
is required of them throughout the study. Follows through regularly
with participants, reminding them of visits and compliance.
Monitors any outward effects or issues regarding patient/subject
safety and reports this to the Project Manager and Principal
- 11. Data Management Responsible for transferring information
from surveys and forms completed by patients to various sources,
including REDCap, Excel and other databases as needed.
12. Recruitment Screens potential participants for eligibility to
the study. Eligible participants will be identified based on
information from the electronic health record. Obtains informed
consent from participants.
13. Continuous Learning - Position requires ongoing continuing
education in all areas of research development (training programs
are provided through the SOM). Promotes own professional growth and
development in research role and maintains current expertise in
area of practice. Maintains annual requirement of 10 CEUs in
continuing research education; employee must demonstrate proof of
ongoing research education. Serves as a resource to peers and works
collaboratively with other disciplines within the area of
14. Reporting and Analysis Prepares brief reports to share
preliminary findings. Provides updates on study progress to the
study team including Research COordinator, Principal Investigator
15. Decision Making and Problem Solving Combines and evaluates
information and data to make decisions about relative importance of
information and choosing the best solution to solve problems.
Resolves complex situations and refers non solved issues and
questions with recommendation to supervisor.
16. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as
- To qualify you must have a Associate's degree plus one year
related experience or equivalent combination of education and
- Computer literate with good interpersonal, writing and verbal
1. A Bachelors Degree or equivalent in the natural or health
sciences, or related field.
2. An interest in health services research, preventive medicine,
and/or smoking cessation research is required.
3. Data entry skills.
4. Proficiency in various Microsoft Office applications such as
Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
5. Effective oral, written, communication, interpersonal skills.
Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and
must work and communicate effectively with both internal and
external customers, including patients. Ability to work within a
team environment as well as independently.
6. Time management skills and ability to multi task.
7. Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems; ability to work
well under pressure and be highly organized.
8. Knowledge of basic medical terminology is preferred.
9. Experience working in a healthcare setting preferred.
10. Spanish speaking skill is preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate
with all levels of the organization.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine provides its staff with far more
than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be
proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your
time and your talents.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and
affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in
all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals
are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without
regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex,
sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national
origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status,
marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information
or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an
employment decision. We require applications to be completed
If you wish to view NYU Grossman School of Medicine's EEO policies,
click here. Please
click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit
for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please
Keywords: NYU Langone Health, New York , Research Data Associate, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!