Company: NYU Langone Health
Location: New York
Posted on: July 22, 2021
NYU Grossman School of
Medicine is one of the nation's top-ranked medical
schools. For 175 years, NYU Grossman School of Medicine has trained
thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the
course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people.
An integral part of NYU Langone
Health, the Grossman School of Medicine at its core is
committed to improving the human condition through medical
education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For
more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us
on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Research
The Section for Health Equity at NYU Grossman School of
Medicine's Department of Population Health is looking to hire a
full time research scientist. The vision of the Section for Health
Equity is to promote health equity in racial and ethnic minority
populations and socially disadvantaged communities through
community engagement, research, training, and policy. We are
looking for a candidate with a doctoral degree with experience in
community-based research and applied epidemiology with strong
organizational, analytic and program management skills and an
interest in developing expertise on health disparities research in
immigrant and minority populations. The candidate will be
responsible for collaborating with Principal Investigators (PI),
working independently within the scientific framework of the PI's
laboratory, and supporting the PIs in the planning, development,
and implementation of the administrative and research projects'
goals and objective related to data analysis and evaluation. This
position is contingent upon continued availability of grant
- Initiates, interprets, organizes, executes, and coordinates
research assignments critical to department's mission.
- Formulates and conducts research on problems of considerable
scope and complexity.
- Explores subject area and defines scope and selection of
problems for investigation through conceptually related studies or
series of projects of lesser scope.
- Makes decisions and recommendations that have a major impact on
extensive scientific research activities.
- Develops new ideas that promote current research. Exercises a
high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in
planning, organizing, and guiding extensive scientific research
programs and activities of outstanding novelty and/or
- May manage the operations of a lab for the Principal
Investigator by supervising Post Docs and technicians. Oversees the
maintenance and upkeep of research and laboratory facilities.
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of research
- May provide students with technical guidance and direction in
the operation of various sample preparation techniques, extraction
lines, and equipment as well as general laboratory practices and
- May seek grant funding from external sources in support of
their independent research projects with consent of the PI and the
Department Chair. May participate in writing grant proposals.
- May be responsible research/lab quality control and
- May develop protocol for the collection and quality of research
- Develops research techniques and methodologies.
- May determine and establish laboratory policies, procedures and
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the advances in specialized
fields through attendance of scientific conferences.
- May make significant contributions to scientific papers. Is a
resource/ author/ co-author for reports and presentations.
- May provide recommendations for equipment purchases and for the
redesign of lab space.
- May coordinate the activity and experimental design between
various labs, scientific staff, and collaborators. Identifies and
resolves technical problems.
- May serve on internal committees to help further goals of
research projects and bring new expertise to the research
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- To qualify you must have a MS degree and 2-4 years of
- Doctorate degree (PhD, EdD, DrPH or equivalent) in public
health, psychology, epidemiology or related fields or an MD with 2+
years of research-related experience
- Substantial experience from having completed Post Doc
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate
with all levels of the organization.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine provides its staff with far more
than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be
proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your
time and your talents.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and
affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in
all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals
are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without
regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex,
sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national
origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status,
marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information
or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an
employment decision. We require applications to be completed
If you wish to view NYU Grossman School of Medicine's EEO policies,
click here. Please
click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit
for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please
Keywords: NYU Langone Health, New York , Research Scientist, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!