Company: Compass Group
Posted on: July 23, 2021
Posted Date: Jul 15, 2021
- We are now hiring for
a CATERING COORDINATOR position.
- Location: Montclair State
University; 1 Normal Ave. Montclair, NJ 07043. Note:
online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Must be
able to work a flexible schedule including some days, evenings, and
weekends. More details upon interview.
- Requirement: Must
have catering/banquets and administrative experience.
Valid driver's license highly preferred. Strong communication
both verbal and written. Must have good computer
skills. CaterTrax experience preferred.
- Reports to: Senior
- *Internal Employee Referral
At colleges and universities around the country, Chartwells
Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience.
We are challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing
in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together
to promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are
food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed
hungry minds and prepare students for success.
With over 300 campuses around the country, we are seeking
hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and
grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your
career journey with us and look forward to hearing from
Summary: As a Catering Coordinator, you will
hold duties related to sales/marketing, administration, and
coordination for on and off premise catering events. The
position entails a need for excellent attention to detail and
communication skills; ability to multi-task on a variety of
projects simultaneously, accurate distribution of pertinent
information both internally to all departments as well as to
clients and related vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inputs and maintains all reserve data for all events including
inquiries, tentative and definite. Details function sheets with
equipment needs and rental orders.
- Creates captain’s packets for each event including staff
sheets, equipment pulls, beverage pulls, signage, expo sheets, etc.
as needed and assures that captains are in receipt of
- Creates buffet signage and printed menus as required for each
- Assembles and performs upkeep of organized event files
including all correspondence, orders, invoices, payments,
proposals, function sheets, etc.
- Processes certificate of insurance requests.
- Intakes inquiries including all pertinent event information
client contact, date, time, format, number of guests, location,
- Prepares proposals for events and submits staff
- Supports sales initiatives through research, marketing
interface, communications and sourcing
- Works with marketing department on materials and
- Assists with client walkthroughs of venue spaces and provides
on-site sales representation at events as scheduled.
- Receives and processes all deposits.
- Reviews reserve financial entry to assure accurately forecasted
and communicates with accounting on any needs, clarification,
- Prepares final event invoicing and expense reports on a monthly
- Assists in scheduling meetings, appointments, travel, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience in dining, catering and/or events.
- Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education,
military, health care, and/or related food service operations.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule as the business
- Excellent communication, customer service, and organization
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office products
including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality or Marketing is
We are always looking for ways to invest in our people both
inside and outside of work to help them achieve their full
potential. Both full-time and part-time associates are eligible for
the following benefits:
- Opportunities for Training and Development
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance,
Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services,
and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to
this job via text messaging? Text JOB to
75000 and search requisition ID number
619230. Additionally, you can get
in front of the hiring manager faster and share what makes you
unique with a Pre-recorded Video Interview! Click
The advertised program is an
AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass
Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply.
Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions:
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass,
we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly
based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without
regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los
Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for
Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Keywords: Compass Group, New York , CATERING COORDINATOR, Other , MONTCLAIR, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!