Registered Nurse Infusion
Company: NYU Langone Health
Posted on: October 14, 2021
NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island is a 591-bed
university-affiliated medical center, which offers sophisticated
diagnostic and therapeutic care in virtually every specialty and
subspecialty of medicine and surgery. We are a major regional
healthcare resource with a deep commitment to medical education and
research, offering a full complement of inpatient and outpatient
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Nurse.
In this role, the successful candidate Practices in accordance with
the American Nurses Association's (ANA) scope and standards of
nursing practice. Uses his/her clinical expertise to plan the
delivery of safe, therapeutic, population-specific patient care
through assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. With
the patient and family central to the care, incorporates the unique
characteristics and needs of each patient and family member into
the care delivery process. Works collaboratively within a
multidisciplinary Healthcare team to promote wellness and optimize
patient outcomes. Provides leadership to the team by orienting,
mentoring, and managing team members to ensure that quality care is
delivered with compassion, dignity, respect, and efficiency.
Participates in unit, departmental, and/or institutional
performance improvement initiatives that impact patient, family,
and service outcomes based on professional practice standards.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnoses or
- Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the
healthcare consumer or situation.
- Develops a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to
attain expected outcomes.
- Implements the identified plan.
- Coordinates care delivery.
- Employs strategies to promote health and a safe
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Practices ethically using the Code of Ethics for Nurses with
Interpretive Statements to guide practice.
- Attains knowledge and competence that reflects current nursing
- Integrates evidence and research findings into practice.
- Contributes to quality nursing practice.
- Communicates effectively in a variety of formats in all areas
- Demonstrates leadership in the profession and the professional
- Collaborates with the healthcare consumer, family, and others
in the conduct of nursing practice.
- Evaluates his her own nursing practice in relation to
professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes,
rules, and regulations.
- Practices in an environmentally safe and healthy manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned
To qualify you must have a Bachelor's degree in Nursing required
for employees hired after 9/1/2020 (those who were hired prior to
9/1/2020 are grandfathered). Registered Nurse License-NYS. Current
and valid BLS certification. Current and valid ACLS and/or PALS
and/or NRP, as required by population, within one (1) year of Hire.
Knowledge of standards of practice for all areas of patient care.
Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational,
customer service, and interpersonal skills. Basic computer
Required Licenses: Registered Nurse
1 - 2 years of experience in Nursing.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate
with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island provides its staff with far more
than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be
proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your
time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island is an equal opportunity and
affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in
all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals
are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without
regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex,
sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national
origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status,
marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information
or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an
employment decision. We require applications to be completed
If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island's EEO
policies, please click
click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit
for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please
Keywords: NYU Langone Health, New York , Registered Nurse Infusion, Other , Mineola, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!