Physician Assistant - Ortho
Company: NYU Langone Health
Location: New York
Posted on: October 14, 2021
NYU Grossman School of
Medicine is one of the nation's top-ranked
medical schools. For 175 years, NYU Grossman School of Medicine has
trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to
shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of
countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the Grossman School
of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human
condition through medical education, scientific research, and
direct patient care. For more information, go
to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us
on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Physician
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for
provision, coordination, and assurance of comprehensive medical
care using sound medical knowledge and pertinent standards of care,
performance of therapeutic, corrective, and prescriptive measures
on the designated inpatient or outpatient population, assume
delegatory responsibilities assigned by supervising physician
privileged as Medical Staff of NYU Medical Center.
- Supports the mission, philosophy, standards, goals and
objectives of the institution, department and clinical
- Plans and organizes care to meet individual patient needs and
to ensure appropriate clinical resource utilization per protocols,
pathways, and other means.
- Works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team including
the attending physician to develop and implement the therapeutic
plan of care for a group of patients and ensure communication with
- Participates in the development and revision of
interdisciplinary and hospital standards, patient and family
education materials as relevant to area of practice and
- Works collaboratively with the attending physician to maintain
timely and appropriate communication with family members, house
staff, other disciplines and ancillary services.
- Provides consultation about the therapeutic regimen to the
nursing staff responsible for the patients care in the hospital
- Facilitates the continuity of care across the continuum of
services, e.g. home care, other facilities, appointments with MDs
- Facilitates patients throughput and efficient process during
patients admission and discharge.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organization's Core Values and
incorporates them into the performance of responsibilities.
- Participates in designated activities related to professional
physician assistant practice standards.
- Functions as a respectful member of the health care team.
- Promotes own professional growth and development in clinical
- Maintains current expertise in area of practice.
- Maintains annual CME requirement for re-appointment and
- Maintains PA board certification.
- Serves as a clinical expert and resource for the education of
peers and other health professionals.
- Participates in the development and monitoring of patient
outcomes per established practice protocols for purposes of quality
and performance improvement.
- Uses evidence-based health care literature to advise and
support appropriate practice changes within the designated
- Works collaboratively with nursing and other disciplines in the
development and implementation of clinical studies within the area
- Assists in the preparation, implementation, and evaluation of
research protocols when applicable.
- Monitors and trends the cost effectiveness of the position,
particularly as it relates to the efficiency and performance
indicators established for the service.
- Coordinates implementation of clinical research studies or
clinical trials, including patient screening, enrollment and data
- At least 2 years of clinical rotation in various medical,
surgical and other specialty areas.
- Previous experience as a physician assistant or physician
assistant fellowship experience is preferred.
- Evidence of excellent interpersonal skills, effective
communication skills, creative problem solving and excellent
critical thinking skills.
- Previously demonstrated ability to facilitate group processes
and work cohesively and collaboratively as member of the
- Physical stamina, manual dexterity, visual and aural acuity to
perform responsibilities.Membership in professional specialty
- Prescribes in-patient and discharge medications according to
New York State law, including controlled substances with DEA
- Prescribes medical equipment, devices, physical and
occupational therapy, and home health services per practice
- Practices as a member of the allied health staff according to
the rules and regulations of the Medical Staff and bylaws as
outlined in the delineation of privileges.
- Performs delegated clinical duties effectively and
- Evaluates treatment and health care plans for effectiveness and
modifies per clinical standards and practice protocols.
- Educates patient and family to facilitate and promote healthy
adjustment to new or changed health patterns.
- Physician Assistant Bachelor's Degree (BA-PA).
- NCCPA Board Certification.
- New York State Physician Assistant license.
- ACLS, PALS, NRP Provider (Neonatal Resuscitation Program),
and/or NALS, per delineation of privileges.
- Membership in pertinent professional organizations
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate
with all levels of the organization.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine provides its staff with far more
than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be
proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your
time and your talents.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and
affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in
all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals
are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without
regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex,
sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national
origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status,
marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information
or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an
employment decision. We require applications to be completed
If you wish to view NYU Grossman School of Medicine's EEO policies,
here. Please click
here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or
visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for
more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice,
Keywords: NYU Langone Health, New York , Physician Assistant - Ortho, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!