Physician Assistant-Per Diem / Medicine
Company: NYU Langone Health
Posted on: October 14, 2021
NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island is a 591-bed
university-affiliated medical center, which offers sophisticated
diagnostic and therapeutic care in virtually every specialty and
subspecialty of medicine and surgery. We are a major regional
healthcare resource with a deep commitment to medical education and
research, offering a full complement of inpatient and outpatient
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Physician
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for using
his/her clinical expertise to plan the delivery of safe,
therapeutic, population-specific patient care through assessment,
planning, implementation and evaluation. With the patient and
family central to the care, incorporates the unique characteristics
and needs of each patient and family member into the plan of care.
Works collaboratively within a multidisciplinary health team to
promote wellness and optimize patient outcomes.
- Educates patient and family to facilitate and promote healthy
adjustment to new or changed health patterns.
- Evaluates treatment and healthcare plans for effectiveness and
modifies per clinical standards and practice protocols.
- Performs delegated clinical duties effectiveness and modifies
per clinical standards and practice protocols.
- Practices as a member of the allied health staff according to
the rules and regulations of the Medical Staff and bylaws as
outlined in the delineation of privileges.
- Prescribes medical equipment, devices, physical and
occupational therapy, and home health services per practice
- Prescribes in-patient and discharges medications according to
New York State law, including controlled substances with DEA
- Physical stamina, manual dexterity, visual and aural acuity to
perform responsibilities. Membership in professional specialty
- Previously demonstrated ability to facilitate group processes
and work cohesively and collaboratively as a member of the
- Evidence of excellent interpersonal skills, effective
communication skills, creative problem solving and excellent
critical thinking skills.
- Coordinates implementation of clinical research studies or
clinical trials, including patient screening, enrollment and data
- Monitors and trends the cost effectiveness of the position,
particularly as it relates to the efficiency and performance
indicators established for the service.
- Assists in the preparation, implementation, and evaluation of
research protocols when applicable.
- Works collaboratively with nursing and other disciplines in the
development and implementation of clinical studies within the area
- Uses evidence-based healthcare literature to advise and
supports appropriate practice changes within the designated
- Participates in the development and monitoring of patient
outcomes per established practice protocols for purposes of quality
and performance improvement.
- Serves as a clinical expert and resource for the education of
peers and other health professionals.
- Maintains PA board certification.
- Maintains annual CME requirement for re-appointment and
- Maintains current expertise in area of practice.
- Promotes own professional growth and development in clinical
- Functions as a respectful member of the health care team.
- Participates in designated activities related to professional
physician assistant practice standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organization's Core Values and
incorporates them into the performance of responsibilities.
- Facilitates patients throughput and efficient process during
patient's admission and discharge.
- Facilitates the continuity of care across the continuum of
services, e.g. home care, other facilities, appointments with MD's
- Provides consultation about the therapeutic regimen to the
nursing staff responsible for the patient's care in the hospital
- Works collaboratively with the attending physician to maintain
timely and appropriate communication with family members, house
staff, other disciplines and ancillary services.
- Participates in the development and revision of the
interdisciplinary and hospital standards, patient and family
education materials as relevant to area of practice and
- Works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team including
the attending physician to develop and implement the therapeutic
plan of care for a group of patients and ensure communication with
- Plans and organizes care to meet individual patient needs and
to ensure appropriate clinical resource utilization per protocols,
pathways, and other means.
- Supports the mission, philosophy, standards, goals and
objectives of the institution, department and clinical
To qualify, you must have a Graduate of an accredited Physician
Current NYS Physicians Assistant License
Current NYS National Commission on Certification for Physician
Assistants Certificate (NCCPA)
At least 2 years of clinical rotation in various medical, surgical,
and other specialty areas.
Excellent communication skills (both oral & written), interpersonal
and organization skills.
Basic computer skills.
Previous experience as a physician assistant or physician fellow
experience is preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate
with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island provides its staff with far more
than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be
proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your
time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island is an equal opportunity and
affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in
all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals
are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without
regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex,
sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national
origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status,
marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information
or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an
employment decision. We require applications to be completed
If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island's EEO
policies, please click
click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit
for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please
Keywords: NYU Langone Health, New York , Physician Assistant-Per Diem / Medicine, Other , Mineola, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!