Faculty Group Practice Billing Coordinator II **Urology**
Company: NYU Langone Health
Location: New York
Posted on: October 14, 2021
NYU Grossman School of
Medicine is one of the nation's top-ranked medical
schools. For 175 years, NYU Grossman School of Medicine has trained
thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the
course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people.
An integral part of NYU Langone
Health, the Grossman School of Medicine at its core is
committed to improving the human condition through medical
education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For
more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us
on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Faculty Group
Practice Billing Coordinator II.
In this role, the successful candidate will coordinates all aspects
of charge submission and accounts receivable in defined FGP(s).
Prepares financial and/or operational analyses and reports, and
audits current procedures to monitor and improve efficiency of
operations. Reviews and advises physicians and staff with regard to
local and national coding and reimbursement policies. Works with
patients and guarantors to clarify financial responsibilities.
- Ensures charge submission and accounts receivable follow-up is
occurring on a timely basis.
- Participates in reviews of office procedures as they relate to
charge submission and accounts receivable management; recommends
suggestions, ideas and solutions to improve operational processes.
Collaborates with practice personnel and administration to
implement change to practice operations where necessary.
- Assistants with the review of deposits to ensure steady cash
flow. Reconciles deposits compared to the billing log.
- Interacts with vendors and independent contractors as it
relates to billing and collections.
- Reports to Management regularly and requests intervention where
- Reviews daily schedules to verify patient insurance information
and MD Benefits.
- Responds to patient circumstances and explanations based on
thorough assessment of situation.
- Develops payment schedules (FGP) based on reason, availability
of resources, and patient's ability to pay.
- Serves as resource to physicians, staff and management
regarding local and national coding and reimbursement policies.
Educates physicians, staff and management on new policies and
changes to existing policies. Reviews resources including (but not
limited to): CPT and ICD-9 manuals, payer policy and procedure
manuals and updates and CMS publications to ensure practices are
compliant with current policies and procedures.
- Adheres to general practice and FGP guidelines on compliance
issues and patient confidentiality.
- Prepares status and ad-hoc reports. Prepares weekly utilization
reports summarizing volumes and charges submitted to the billing
company. Reviews monthly financial reports on a timely basis.
- Billing Company to review and resolve denial issues.
- Composes information in a clear and well written manner.
- Updates all fee charges and procedural codes on a timely
- Manages all aspects of charge submission and accounts
receivable in defined FGP(s). Oversee practice operations as they
relate to the aforementioned and implement change where
- Ensures timely and accurate collection, preparation and
verification of billing information submitted to the outsourced
- Serves as a liaison to the outside billing service for
questions, data request, and other inquiries; reviewing charge
encounter forms for complete CPT code, ICD-9 code and other
required billing information on a daily basis.
- Reviews office procedures as they relate to appropriate
internal controls; recommends suggestions, ideas and solutions to
improve operational processes.
- Reviews deposits to ensure steady cash flow. Reconciles
deposits compared to the billing log.
- Works with staff to maximize operational efficiency and clearly
explains proper work procedures and methods for charge submission
and accounts receivable follow-up.
- Serves as billing coordinator/ back up for FGP practices.
- Maintains current Certified Procedural Coder (CPC)
To qualify you must have a Bachelors degree with 3-5 years of
relevant work experience. Current coding certification (CPC)
Ability to multi-task and prioritize. Good communication,
interpersonal and computer skills. Ability to develop and maintain
effective working relationships with staff and patients. Detail
oriented with high level of accuracy for reviewing charge batch
submissions, preparing and presenting analyses. Stays up to date
with industry requirements. Knowledge of medical terminology
required. Familiar with standard office equipment.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate
with all levels of the organization.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine provides its staff with far more
than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be
proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your
time and your talents.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and
affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in
all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals
are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without
regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex,
sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national
origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status,
marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information
or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an
employment decision. We require applications to be completed
If you wish to view NYU Grossman School of Medicine's EEO policies,
click here. Please
click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit
for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please
Keywords: NYU Langone Health, New York , Faculty Group Practice Billing Coordinator II **Urology**, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!