Software Development Engineering – Sr Professional
Location: Berkeley Heights
Posted on: October 14, 2021
This position is part of Fiserv’s Bill Pay Solutions supporting
BillPay payment products/services. Candidate will be responsible
for working directly with developers, quality assurance analysts,
support analysts, and other internal teams in developing BillPay
application features. The Agile Delivery Teams are composed of
project owners, scrum masters, business analysts, tech leads,
developers, and quality assurance analysts. The position may
require occasional travel, up to 10%.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Knowledge with Web interfaces utilizing underlying business
• Knowledge of Twelve-factor cloud-native applications
• Applications designed for 100% uptime and active/active
• End-to-end CICD pipelines
• Prioritize tasks to meet daily commitments.
• Track progress against assigned tasks, report status, and
proactively identify issues.
• Participate in code reviews and code remediation, perform, and
develop proper unit tests and automation.
• Participate in a 24 hour on-call rotation to support releases of
the product. This includes researching problems discovered through
testing or product support and developing solutions to the
• Collaborate with the delivery team in a “customer first”
orientation and demonstrate ability to work with both end users and
• Present information effectively in communications with peers and
• Prepare any necessary technical documentation
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology discipline
Job Related Experience:
• Requires 5+ years of professional experience in an Information
• Previous development experience required
• Working knowledge of Relational Database (MS SQL Server, Oracle),
SSRS, HTML, XML, FTP, Microsoft Office Suite.
• Strong knowledge of Agile software development methodology
• Experience working in the Financial Services industry is a strong
• Experience with Fiserv products and services are a strong
• Good understanding of troubleshooting methodology.
• Working knowledge with the following technologies:
o REST APIs using Microsoft .NET Framework including .NET Core
o Coding in C#
o Microsoft SQL Server and writing stored procedures
o Developing unit and integration tests
o GIT for source code control.
o Internet Information Service (IIS) 7 or later and must have a
basic understanding of application pools, web sites, web
applications, windows and basic authentication
• Experience working with Agile templates within VersionOne/Jira is
• Comfortable working with stories and within sprints, working
closely with team members to complete stories in a shared working
• Experience deploying applications into a cloud hosting
• Experience with NoSQL solutions such as DataStax
• Experience with Eventing Solutions such as Kafka
• Experience with API Management Solutions such as Apigee
• Experience with message queueing such as RabbitMQ
• Knowledge of SOA design principles, mocking frameworks, and
• Comfortable with rapidly changing and/or loosely defined
requirements that are refined over time
• Must be very flexible with learning new technology quickly.
The Bill Payment Solutions within Fiserv offers hosted technology
solutions for consumer billing and payment to companies of all
sizes and industries. Our solutions equip companies with the
ability to offer their consumer base electronic paperless billing
and electronic payments in channels including the company’s
website, bank, or financial institution websites. Our clients are
varied and include small local to large Financial Institutions.
Keywords: Fiserv, New York , Software Development Engineering – Sr Professional, Other , Berkeley Heights, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!