Principal Solution Architect
Company: NATIONAL GRID CO USA (NE POWER)
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: January 16, 2022
About usNational Grid is hiring for a Principal Solution
Architect -for our IT Billing and Customer department in Syracuse,
NY. - -The position can also be based in Hicksville, NY.Every day
we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and
businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect
people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of
change in society and our industry is accelerating and our
expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to
shape the sustainable future of our industry.To be successful we
must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of
energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of
tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always
look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our
business.Job PurposeThe Principal Solution Architect is accountable
to design business solutions in response to specific business needs
that are fit for purpose, compliant and adhere to all National Grid
operational, architectural and design standards and principles.
Ensure the integrity of solution designs from concept through
implementation, balancing the architectural concerns of projects
with concerns of the enterprise. Ensure consideration of all design
alternatives and provide technical guidance to wider project team
and business stakeholders.Please update the Job Purpose prior to
publishing your requisition.Key Accountabilities
- Identify, Own and Support the Delivery of technical solutions
for assigned project
- Provide all design related services, at the blueprinting level
under the direction of a Lead Domain/Enterprise Architect, Project
- Market Analysis of the Solution Options
- Target State Solution view, Capabilities and Services View
- Options Analysis & Solution Recommendations including
technology and deployment options & Interface needs
- Ensure the integrity of solution designs through detail design,
build and implementation.
- Provide thought leadership on innovative technical solutions to
- Identify options that maximize reuse and minimize overheads to
- Ensure that solutions conform to the National Grid Enterprise
- Ensure solutions are compliant to National Grid 's
- Furthering and promote the Strategic vision of Enterprise and
- Knowledge of various deployment and hosting environments and
platforms (On Premise, Cloud, SaaS/PaaS/IaaS, MS Azure, and
- Knowledge of Enterprise Middleware and Integration
- Knowledge of basic Security concepts and design practices
- Knowledge and experience designing High Availability and
Disaster recovery aspects of the solutions
- Knowledge of the Data Management and Reporting techniques
- Knowledge and experience in designing and implementing mobile
- Obtain all required approvals.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
-Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience RequiredQualifications
- Educated to degree level in Computer Science or related
discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training, and
- Experience applying standard architectures and patterns within
- 10-15+ years of Experience developing Solution
- Knowledge of business analysis techniques, tools and
- Knowledge of basic networking concepts and design practices
including; HTTP/S, TCP/IP, load balancers, firewalls, proxies.
- Knowledge of various hosting environments and platforms (DC On
Prem, Cloud, Azure, IaaS/PaaS, AWS)
- Knowledge of integration techniques.
- Minimum of 10 years solution design experience at an enterprise
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Good stakeholder management and influencing skills at project
- Ability to multi-task.More InformationThis position has a
career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and
across bands -as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining
experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
-Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against
the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual
experience. -National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that
values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and
expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee
engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we
serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer.
We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and
protected veterans to join the National Grid team. - -
Keywords: NATIONAL GRID CO USA (NE POWER), New York , Principal Solution Architect, Other , Long Beach, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!