Company: Conedison Solutions
Location: New York
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Posted Date 3 weeks ago (12/7/2021 4:08 PM) ID 2021-2297
Overview WHO WE ARE For nearly two decades, Con Edison Solutions
(CES), Con Edison Development (CED) and Con Edison Energy (CEE)
have been leading national providers of retail and wholesale energy
services. Now, they are part of Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses
(CEB), a wholly owned subsidiary of Consolidated Edison, Inc., one
of the nation's largest investor-owned energy companies. The CEB
are the second largest owner of solar electric generating projects
in the United States and 7th largest globally. The CEB have assets
in excess of $6 billion and revenue in excess of $1 billion. WHY
WORK FOR US We offer great career opportunities and are able to
check some of your boxes including:
--- Be a part of a market leader and one of the largest solar
energy producers in North America
--- Improve the planet by helping us further reduce carbon
--- Collaborate on a dynamic team of high performing
--- Create and improve on our renewable innovation
--- Obtain a customized career path
--- Obtain a competitive compensation package
--- Select from comprehensive health plans and other benefits
--- Utilize our generous tuition reimbursement program
--- Participate in social causes ABOUT THE POSITION The Systems
Specialist - Networking is responsible for designing, implementing
and managing the local and wide area networks to ensure maximum
uptime for data flows and operations. The Systems Specialist -
Networking will initiate the efforts, lead internal IT and work
with cross-functional teams as required, engage vendors and company
stakeholders, and monitor and control all project activity
throughout the project life-cycle. Additional responsibilities may
include working on all aspects of new network integration as well
as vendor systems implementations: Planning, Requirements
Gathering, Business Analysis, Design, Development, Testing,
Training, Implementation, and on-ongoing Technical Support. This
individual will work on the on-going enhancement and technical
support of the existing IT application portfolio. This position is
also responsible for the day-to-day IT administrative tasks,
problem solving, and issue resolution Responsibilities
- Project work: As assigned, the Systems Specialist -Networking,
whether independently or as a team lead or team member, implement
secure technology solutions to meet specific architected designs or
implement enhancements to current solutions in place that would
result in more secure or improved risk exposure in conjunction with
better or faster performance, cheaper overall cost or provide
additional features and functions that would benefit our user
- Developmental work: Research and develop new and innovative
network initiatives to address current and future business needs
while maintaining or enhancing our overall security posture. These
solutions should be well thought out; properly documented and
should be in line with the overall technology and security
- Operational work: The Systems Specialist -Networking will have
support responsibilities and will be required to help in resolving
critical issues as they arise or as assigned by their lead. They
will also review our network infrastructure and make
recommendations to improve and advance our support and response
- Administrative work: Develop, maintain and track reports,
documentation and proposals relating to the network infrastructure
and related items under the group's responsibility with special
focus on the security component of each.
- Other work: Complete other tasks and functions that may be
required of you to perform in relation to the network group's area
of expertise and responsibility. Qualifications Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology,
Engineering, Math, Business, or applicable degree, with a minimum
of 2 years relevant experience.
- Associates Degree preferably in Computer Science, Information
Technology, Engineering, Math, Business, or applicable degree with
a minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
- Technical Certification in IT technologies; with a minimum of 5
years relevant experience.
- High School Diploma/GED with work experience in relevant field
required; with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Associate Degree or B.S preferred. Skills:
- 2-5 + years for work experience supporting networking
infrastructure for medium to large enterprises.
- Experience with common networking vendor platforms (Cisco,
- Industry vendor certifications preferred (Cisco, Palo,
- Advanced working experience with local and wide area transport
environments (MPLS, DMVPN, SSL-VPN, IPSEC, GRE).
- Advanced working experience with IP routing in large
enterprises (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, route redistribution).
- Strong, planning, design and implementation skills in an
- Proficient in troubleshooting resources such as Wireshark,
Solarwinds, Cisco Prime and Netflow.
- Strong attention to detail in analytical assessments,
experience in developing and maintaining high quality
- Solid experience with designing, evaluating and deploying
network security solutions for outbound, inbound and lateral
- Working experience with NAC solutions (Cisco ISE, Fortinet
FortiNAC) preferred but not required.
- Experience with VPN solutions (Juniper, Cisco, Fortigate)
preferred but not required.
- Highly desired working experience with Fortinet Fortimanager
and Fortianalyzer. Additional Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently or in a group.
- Highly flexible and open to new ideas.
- Detail oriented and self-motivated individual.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have an excellent work ethic.
- Ability to learn new technologies as required for the job using
documentation and other available resources.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments with changing priorities
while meeting deadlines.
- Must be flexible to work off hours as required to install
product upgrades, support production problems and other corporate
emergencies. We offer a very competitive salary with annual target
bonus, 401k plan with company match, comprehensive benefit package,
generous time off policy, matching Employee Stock Purchase Plan,
excellent Tuition Aid Program and a collaborative working
environment in a growing organization. #LI-OS1
INDCEBHP1 - PM21 Equal Opportunity Employer: Consolidated Edison is
an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and
practice its commitment to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in
all job classifications, without regard to race, color, creed,
religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship,
eligible veteran status, disability, or any other status protected
by law. - Con Edison is a federal contractor subject to VEVRAA and
desires to receive priority referrals of protected veterans. - You
must be eligible to work in the US independent of company
sponsorship. Sorry the Share function is not working properly at
this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on
your newsfeed Loading... Interested in this opportunity?
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family
Keywords: Conedison Solutions, New York , Systems Specialist, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!