Temporary-to-Permanent Facilities Coordinator
Company: Simons Foundation
Location: New York
Posted on: January 16, 2022
POSITION SUMMARYThe Temporary Facilities Coordinator will assist
the Facilities Manager in maintaining the office space and respond
to occupants' requests for service. Candidate must be able to work
onsite and be able to work weekly rotating shifts (e.g., 7:00
a.m.-3:00 p.m., 11:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.) and be able to adapt to
changing work schedules to meet the foundation's needs. Candidate
must be able to effectively communicate with all occupants in the
office space.This is a temporary opportunity that could become a
permanent position for the right candidate.
- Fulfill occupant's requests, which may include but are not
limited to moving materials, hanging artwork, installing keyboard
trays, assembly of furniture and minor repairs.
- Maintain occupant comfort by operating the building management
systems, adjusting thermostats, manipulating dampers and working
with property management.
- Keep occupants informed of requested work through the work
management system, notify occupants of abnormal conditions through
the intranet in collaboration with the foundation's communications
- Perform rounds of the occupied spaces to identify any
facilities' issues and take steps to correct those issues.
- Perform preventative maintenance on refrigerators, ice
machines, dishwashers, water dispensers, etc.
- Respond to appliance malfunctions, plumbing problems and any
reported abnormal conditions within the office space.
- Coordinate with contractors and property management to repair
defects and malfunctions.
- Oversee facilities contractors on site, which includes but is
not limited to cleaning, electrical, plants and appliances.
- Perform handyperson tasks.
- Perform administrative tasks.
- Perform any other assigned tasks not specifically stated in
this job description.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be customer-service oriented.
- Strong computer skills including Excel and Word.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able crouch, kneel, crawl and climb.
- Must be able to lift, pull and push over 50 lbs
- Have working knowledge of the use of hand and power tools.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts, overtime, occasional
nights, weekends, holidays when required and respond to office
emergencies.THE SIMONS FOUNDATION'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix
of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to
cultivating an inclusive work environment. The Simons Foundation
actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates
of all backgrounds to apply. We provide equal opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability,
veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state
and local law.
Keywords: Simons Foundation, New York , Temporary-to-Permanent Facilities Coordinator, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!