Customer Support Representative
Company: Petal Card Inc
Location: New York
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Petal's mission is to bring financial opportunity and innovation
to everyone. - We're pioneering a new approach to credit, enabling
Petal Card applicants to leverage their banking history, in
addition to their credit history, to establish their
creditworthiness. Our proprietary Cash Scoring technology takes
applicants' income, spending, and savings into account and is
helping traditionally underserved consumers across the United
States access honest, simple and responsible credit, even if
they've never had it before. - We bring the same ingenuity to Petal
Card products. Our simple and intuitive app gives members access to
credit score tracking, budgeting tools, subscription management,
and automated payment options-everything they need to make
financial progress. - Now more than ever, Americans need help
improving their credit safely, responsibly, and affordably. If this
sounds like something you'd like to be a part of, apply now, and
let's change this trillion-dollar industry together. - At Petal,
we're looking for people with kindness, positivity, and integrity.
You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't
precisely match the job description. Your skills and potential will
stand out-and set you apart-especially if your career has taken
some extraordinary twists and turns. At Petal, we welcome diverse
perspectives from people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to
challenge assumptions. *Petal Cards are issued by WebBank, Member
FDIC The Customer Support Role As the organization grows, it
becomes increasingly important to provide excellent customer
support at all times to all customers. Therefore, we are looking
for an energetic, resourceful, detail oriented and ultra-organized
Customer Support Representative to respond to customer inquiries
that are received by email or phone call. The ideal candidate will
be a Super-Agent capable of having conversations with customers in
all stages of the financial life cycle and be able to communicate
both in written and verbal forms. This person has a sharp eye for
details, excellent written and oral communication skills, and an
intense desire to make customers happy and help them with their
concerns. Additionally, the ideal candidate instinctively raises
awareness to leadership when they see systemic or trended problems
that seem to confuse, or prove problematic for customers. This is a
non-exempt role for a Support person who is interested in
contributing to and impacting the Operations space. Key areas of
- Serve as the frontline for customer support emails by solving
problems and answering questions in a timely, professional, and
friendly manner. These responses will be executed both verbally and
over email so writing skills are critical.
- Show flexibility by taking on a number of smaller roles
including reviewing reports and making notations on accounts,
making outbound phone calls to customers who need reminders to make
payments and helping customers who need assistance with the Petal
IOS or Android App, help understanding their bill, or who have
questions about the status of their application.
- Be a champion and the voice of our customers by sharing
feedback internally and exemplifying both our mission and our core
value to Put the Customer First.
- Provide long term solutions and support to our customers by
escalating bugs and product issues. Learn, build and actively
maintain a high level of expertise on Petal's product and processes
and use that knowledge daily to effectively resolve customer
- Develop scripted email and chat responses to new customer
questions and inquiries as they arise.
- Work closely with the CX and Ops team to identify trends in
support tickets and calls and make updates to support emails,
scripts, and training materials.
- Support our Contact center team by handling escalations,
answering questions, and resolving issues.
- Collaborate with product, customer experience, and operations
teams on cross-functional projects to create an exceptional
- Provide key input into the product development, identifying
opportunities to improve support for our customers.
- Phone and email cardholders to help them avoid additional
interest charges or derogatory information on their credit
- Partner closely with Customer Success and Operations teams to
respond to and resolve customer inquiries and requests as
applicable Characteristics of a successful candidate
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years professional experience in an office environment (all
experience levels considered)
- Ability to demonstrate via role play or other testing mechanism
the ability to quickly communicate via email or other written media
with proper grammar, syntax, and with an internal ability to "edit
before sending". Very organized and capable of prioritizing tasks
in a dynamic work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to handle customer issues resourcefully
and with completeness compassion, polished communication and
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with an
acute attention to detail
- Experience managing, prioritizing, and categorizing a high
volume of emails - support ticketing software experience a
- Able to excel in a team environment. Relates well to people
from all backgrounds and fosters the teamwork approach.
- Strong experience in Google Suite, MS Office and Web based
portal computer skills.
- Proactively seeks well thought out solutions to problems in a
way that leverages all tools in the tool set they have.
- High level of integrity, professionalism and work ethic.
- Experience with customer support at a startup, fintech, or
highly regulated industry a plus, though not required For our
California employment information privacy statement, please -click
Keywords: Petal Card Inc, New York , Customer Support Representative, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!