Real Estate Associate
Company: Society for College and University Planning
Location: New York
Posted on: May 16, 2022
New York, NY Posted: 4/14/22
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Reference Number: PVN: VC-2204-004701About This Organization
Departments Job DutiesGENERAL DESCRIPTIONThe City University of New
York (CUNY) is the nation's leading urban public university serving
275,000 degree-seeking students. CUNY is comprised of 25
institutions: eleven senior colleges, seven community colleges, and
seven graduate, honors and professional institutions in 300
buildings across the five boroughs.CUNY's Office of Facilities
Planning, Construction and Management (FPCM) seeks a professional
to work in the Real Estate Transactions group. The Real Estate
Associate will oversee lease negotiations, lease administration,
development and administration of public private partnerships and
the financial management of CUNY's lease portfolio and CUNY's
public-private partnership portfolio.Salary: Commensurate with
Experience and QualificationsPosting Open until: June 10, 2022, or
until filledDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES1. Canvass for new lease
space, including site visits.
2. Monitor and communicate with brokers.
3. Coordinate with CUNY's Office of the General Counsel in
4. Supervision of estoppels, SNDA's and any other contractual
issues over the life of the leases in coordination with CUNY's
Office of the General Counsel.
5. Administrative management of all landlord/tenant issues for all
6 Coordination with building representatives on leasing and
7. Management of economic development programs.
8. Project coordination for all Public-Private Partnerships.
9. Draft procurement materials for smaller assignments (titles,
10. Oversee annual procurement of a real estate comparable
11. Coordinate all vendor integrity checks for leases and real
12. New lease and other financial analysis.
13. Assist in development and review of annual leasing budgets.
14. Oversee capital lease buildouts.
15. Create financial analysis of all new lease deals.
16. Prepare various budget forecasts for both NYC and NYS funded
17. Assist in pre-solicitation financial feasibility analysis for
18. Develop and track financial proformas of development proposals
submitted in response to solicitations for real estate monetization
19. Ensure and improve implementation of internal controls.
20. Maintain financial records or contracts, allocations and
payments in maintaining ledgers of accounts and in performing
21. Track annual spending and produce reports of actual spending as
22. Perform various calculations, reports and analysis as
needed.Required QualificationsQUALIFICATIONS AND CORE
COMPENTENCIES--- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance,
economics, business or other related field.
--- Experience and skills with PeopleSoft (CUNYfirst).
--- Understanding of basic accounting principles and
--- Good knowledge of FASB and GASB accounting standards.
--- Previous experience with real estate development proformas and
--- Advanced proficiency in Excel.
--- Experience in prioritizing projects, meeting deadlines and
initiating follow through with meticulous attention to detail and
high-level accuracy both individually and in a team setting.
--- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain
working relationships with staff, partner agencies, colleges and
all other internal and external partners with the utmost
SalaryCommensurate with qualifications and experience.
Other InfoTO APPLY:
NAVIGATION: www.rfcuny.org > ABOUT > Search & Apply for a Job
> Select Category: Managerial and Professional > Click on
Link: Real Estate AssociateThe Research Foundation of the City
University of New York is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act/Protected Veterans
Required Application MaterialsCover letter and resume.
Keywords: Society for College and University Planning, New York , Real Estate Associate, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!