NOW HIRING - Machine Operators - All shifts
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionMachine Operators Job SummaryApply here or call
(973) 494-5458 We are looking for a Machine Operators in Fairfield,
NJ. You will Operate Fabrication equipment to preset methods in a
prescribed manner. You will operate the machine at a basic level
attending to the load/unload and basic operational functions of
that specific machine. This function differs from level II
primarily because the operator is trained in the Quality Control
procedures required by this department. This position requires the
operator to be able to accurately perform periodic Quality Control
checks. This position differs from level II because of the high
potential for product or equipment damage or greater chance at
producing unacceptable product. Responsibilities
- Performs routine set-up and troubleshooting
- Maintains the machine tooling by routinely cleaning and
checking the tools.
- Communicates with the Team Leader and the Set-up about any
problems, and the priority of setting up the next job.
- Conducts basic quality checks within the parameters of the
- Manually places the material on the equipment and operates the
machine to manufacture parts within the tolerance prescribed on
- Makes routine adjustments, up to and including tools at time to
assure parts are within tolerance.
- Must check parts to print using proper QC measuring
- Work closely and notify Team Leader when any parts consistently
fall outside of the tolerance.
- *At times assist "Level II Machine Operator" on routine
- Load/unload machines and may check basic cross-reference
information to assure correct part is being processed.
- Perform any lower level duties such as filing, sanding, and
light repetitive assembly.
- Works on the most simple and repetitive jobs with minimal
chance of high value errors.
- Works responsibly and efficiently, adhering to all safety rules
- Ensures proper labor reporting.
- Assures that basic quality checks are performed at specific
intervals on machine parts.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices, and perform in a safe and
effective manner so as not to inflict injury to self or others
- Inform area management of any hazardous situations in the work
- Perform any other duties required by the Fabrication manager to
ensure realization of departmental and corporate goals. Skills and
- Ability to read and write English
- Basic math skills
- Ability to read and comprehend MAP prints
- Ability to read and interpret tape measure, caliper, and other
precision measuring devices
- Experience in the industrial or mechanical fields
- Good motor coordination
- Properly organizedEducation and/or experience
- Minimum of 2 years of fabrication experience or at least 1 year
as a level II machine operator
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred Physical Requirements
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Exposed to sharp objects
- Tolerate a non-temperature-controlled environmentBenefits
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision InsuranceNote: Nothing in this job description restricts
management's right to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time. Apply here or call (973)
494-5458Avimoe is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. You
will be considered for this position based upon your experience and
education, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex,
national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry; marital, disabled,
or veteran status. We are committed to creating and maintaining a
workforce environment that is free from any form of discrimination
Keywords: Avimoe, New York , NOW HIRING - Machine Operators - All shifts, Other , Fairfield, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!