Mutual Fund Services Product Specialist (ETF-CEF)
Company: Oppenheimer & Co Inc
Location: New York
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Career Opportunities with Oppenheimer & Co. Inc. A great place
to work. Current job opportunities are posted here as they become
available. Subscribe to our RSS feeds to receive instant updates as
new positions become available. Oppenheimer & Co. Inc. (NYSE: OPY)
is a diversified financial services firm, offering a wide range of
investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth
management capabilities from over 90 offices in major financial
centers in the Unites States and with Investment Banking and
Trading Desks in London, Hong Kong and Tel Aviv. Oppenheimer
employs over 3,200 people. General responsibilities include:
- Provide mutual fund sales and marketing support for OPCO
Financial Advisors for US, offshore funds, exchange-traded funds,
corporate cash offerings, 529 plans and donor-advised funds.
- Contribute to marketing effort with development of investment
themes and fund features based on investment categories, benchmark
and product analysis.
- Support the review and onboarding process for mutual funds,
ETFs and CEFs while tracking FA/client requests.
- Meet regularly with Legal, Compliance and Operations
departments to review and enhance policies and procedures.
- Provide analysis of existing and proposed mutual fund
portfolios for OPCO clients and prospects.
- Work collaboratively with team members managing incoming FA
call volume and manage outgoing call campaigns.
- Primary product specialist for exchange-traded fund (ETF) and
closed-end fund distribution, providing ongoing analysis and
information to Opco Financial Advisors.
- Develop, maintain and deliver ETF and CEF research tools.
- Direct the vetting process for ETF access to the field,
creating and maintaining marketing pieces describing the eligible
universe for retail and advisory accounts.
- Present research and marketing themes to the field through
various media, including National Sales' weekly call, in-person and
- Occasional travel for fund due diligence meetings and branch
product promotion. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree; preferably in Finance, Accounting, General
Business or Business Management
- Required minimum of 3 years experience in broker/dealer, asset
management, mutual funds, ETFs and CEFs
- Strong analytical skills, critical-thinking and attention to
- Knowledge of financial markets and investment management with
specific experience screening ETFs, CEFs or mutual funds
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to build
- Position would require a highly detailed individual capable of
multi-tasking and communicating effectively to a wide audience
- Ideal candidate must be a self-starter with strong business
analyst skills and project management capabilities
- Exceptional work ethic and time management skills
- Must demonstrate strong accuracy and thoroughness in all facets
of daily work
- Ability to work independently as well as within a professional
group environment Licensing and Technical Requirements:
- Series 7 or 6 and Series 66 (or 63 & 65) preferred
- Must possess a high degree of proficiency with technology
including of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and
- Experience with Morningstar Advisor Workstation and/or
Morningstar Direct and Thomson InvestmentView is essential with the
ability to learn new industry-related tools
Keywords: Oppenheimer & Co Inc, New York , Mutual Fund Services Product Specialist (ETF-CEF), Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!