Key Account Specialist
Posted on: June 25, 2022
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and
certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark
for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS
operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around
As the Key Account Specialist, you will perform a variety of
account management activities that will ensure all customer
contracts are completed to meet the customer's needs and
expectations. You will be expected to deliver the highest level of
customer satisfaction to maintain and grow our current
- Be the primary point of contact and become the strategic
clients' focal point for SGS certification services post contract
award and work to the agreed client plan.
- Develop and deploy regional co-operative agreements within the
- Monitor the performance of SGS regarding client specific
- Manage commercial aspects of the contract, including profit
maintenance and business development opportunities.
- Provide liaison between SGS personnel involved in the
performance of the contract and manage contract communication.
- Undertake contract specific activities, including design and
development of contract documentation, organization of required
training, project reviews and reporting.
- Communicate with auditors regarding program announcements,
procedures, etc. and coordinate any auditor trainings as agreed
upon between SGS and client.
- Report to the clients Senior Management at set intervals on the
performance and results of the project activities.
- Achieve client retention targets and receive high customer
satisfaction survey results by providing excellent customer
- Manage risk with respect to poor performance and client
expectations. Report to management on a recurring basis on the
results and corrective action being taken.Business Development:
- Identify and drive business development opportunities for
existing strategic client accounts in the United States and Canada
selected by management. Define a detailed strategic growth plan for
how new revenue opportunities will be developed for each client and
align with internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the sales team responsible for converting the
new business development opportunities into a sales win. Work with
the sales team during pre/contract sales negotiations and
- Achieve annual new business development targets that are
converted into realized sales for the business. Your business
development pipeline will be evaluated quarterly to ensure that you
are trending toward achieving the annual target.
- Coordinate with the business sector and marketing managers to
strategize and deliver successful marketing and communication
initiatives with the goal of generating new business.Business
- Implement process improvements to ensure we continuously
improve on our service delivery metrics specifically the timely
issuance of certifications to achieve expectations
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in science, finance, business or a related
- 1-3 years of experience in Administration and Customer Account
- Must be detail oriented, organized and motivated.
- To be successful, you will need to be detail-oriented,
organized, motivated and be able to learn/act quickly.#INDSCS
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire,
train, and promote persons in all job classifications without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability,
age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other
characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without
reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are
representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities
required.This job description should not be construed as an
exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements,
but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein
restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you
have difficulty completing the on-line employment application
because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance
and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note,
this phone number is not for general employment information, but is
only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a
position due to a disability.
Keywords: SGS, New York , Key Account Specialist, Other , Rutherford, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!