Account Executive (WNYT-TV)
Company: NABET-CWA LOCAL 16
Location: New York
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Requisition #: 20-1199 - Account ExecutiveAbout Us: WNYT-TV News
Channel 13 is the award-winning NBC affiliate for New York State's
Capital Region. WNYT-TV is a longtime market leader, and is
committed to excellence in all that it does. Whether it's news
broadcasts with hyper-local coverage, important public service that
deals powerfully with today's issues, or, now more than ever, top
notch digital content, we reach our viewers and followers with
important information in the way they want to receive it. When you
work for Hubbard Broadcasting and WNYT, you will join a team of
dedicated and passionate professionals, working hard every day to
improve our product and our community.Job Overview: The Account
Executive is responsible for selling advertising to clients and
developing new business relationships by prospecting, developing
and selling new direct-business accounts, making sales
presentations, performing collections, maintaining client relations
and sales.Job Responsibilities:
- Meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual budgets
including spot, digital, and new direct business. Prospect new
businesses on a weekly basis.
- Prepare and complete sales presentations with decision
- Makes presentations to include a customer needs analysis,
research and supporting documentation, and creative business
solutions. Follow up and close all pending business in a timely
- Update Sales Manager weekly on progress of pending
- Work closely with other departments in creating effective
promotional sales solutions for clients.
- Create and make presentations to agency personnel, including
selling and pre-selling the station audience attributes.
- Provide exceptional customer service to direct and agency
accounts. Personally contact each active account regularly- defined
as an in person meeting, including the presentation of pertinent
- Obtain credit approval for new accounts.
- Ensure all accounts are paid in a timely manner. Follow up and
assist in the collection process for past due accounts. Utilization
of and proficiency with Sales software.
- Attend special events, such as remotes and broadcasts, which
involve clients. These events may occur after business hours and on
- Complete all written business requirements within established
deadlines. These requirements include but are not limited
to:forecast reports, pending business updates, written orders and
- Attend and participate in weekly sales staff meetings,
individual meetings with manager and other necessary meetings and
training as required by management.
- Have a thorough understanding of rates, promotions, inventory,
and personnel. Continue to learn and stay abreast of trends in
digital and broadcast advertising industry.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with others. Build
working relationships with co-workers, customers, vendors and the
general public. Complete other duties as requested and needed.
- Knowledge of, and familiarity with, (or ability to learn)
broadcasting and digital terminology and methodology preferred.
Ability to understand the features and benefits of advertising and
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word for Windows; sales software
knowledge helpful. Excellent written and oral English language
- Experience developing presentations for the purpose of
direct-business selling and ability to effectively present and
communicate. Ability to respond to questions appropriately and
think on feet.
- Establish and maintain customer relationships; communicate
effectively with a wide range of personalities in a professional
and courteous manner.
- High level of initiative and ability to work independently
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver's license and
a safe driving history as determined by the Company for the purpose
of meeting clients and attending events. (Driving record will be
- Demonstrate effective negotiation and closing techniques.
- Strong analytical skills, good judgment, and a "positive can do
attitude" are required. Ability to read, hear and speak clearly and
follow both oral and written direction.
- Ability to think critically, analytically, creatively and
logically; and to articulate information in clear, concise manner
to others. Ability to work evenings and weekends.Physical
Requirements: Manual dexterity and fine motor skills to manipulate
computer keys and general office equipment (telephone, copier,
etc.). Sit and/or stand for extended periods of time. Average
pushing and pulling, bending and stooping.The Company may make
reasonable accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform
essential job function.EEO Statement: We are an equal opportunity
Keywords: NABET-CWA LOCAL 16, New York , Account Executive (WNYT-TV), Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!