Human Resources Generalist
Company: SGS North America
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Company Description SGS is the global leader and innovator in
inspection, verification, testing and certification services.
Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in
quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries
and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and
laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by
assuring quality and safety of products and services.Trusted all
over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion,
pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas.
We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will
be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.Job
Description The Human Resources Generalist administers human
resources policies and procedures. Conducts new employee
orientations, coaches, counsels and guides managers, handles
outplacement and exit interviews. Collects and analyzes HR data
related to compensation, benefits, training, recruitment, etc. to
determine improvements and report to management. Processes
transactions for functional area according to established
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for
company personnel; contributes to the development and
implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the new hire onboarding process which may
include I-9 process completion.
- Assists with recruitment tasks as needed (reviews applications,
- Coaches, counsels and guides managers before executing employee
disciplinary actions. Manages and tracks all employee disciplinary
- Attend unemployment hearings when necessary.
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling
and exit interviewing.
- Handles job and pay change requests. Prepares and submits HRIS
transactions and analyses reports from the database.
- Maintains records, reports and logs to conform to EEO
regulations, as needed.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of
department in relation to established goals.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local regulations
as they pertain to employment.
- Manages annual training requirements via learning management
system for all employees.
- Assists HR Director or HRBP with management of leave of absence
- Monitors employee eligibility for benefit plans; reviews
benefits with employees.
- Assists with full-cycle recruiting functions.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to
continually improve efficiency of the department and services
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications
- Bachelor s degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Business
Administration or related discipline or equivalent years of
experience in lieu of education. (Required)
- 4-7 years of professional human resources experience.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in
Human Resources (SPHR) (Preferred)
- Travels up to 5% of the time. Additional Information SGS is an
Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train,
and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age,
marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other
characteristics protected by law.To perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The
requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge,
skills, and/or abilities required.This job description should not
be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities
or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing
contained herein restricts the company s rights to assign or
reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.If you
are applying for a position within the United States and you have
difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of
a disability, please call for assistance and leave a message. You
will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for
general employment information, but is only for individuals who are
experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a
Keywords: SGS North America, New York , Human Resources Generalist, Other , Fairfield, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!