Packaging Lead (Remote)
Company: Mary's Gone Crackers, Inc
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Title: Packaging LeadClassification:
Non-exempt; Full-timeDepartment: ProductionLocation: Reno,
NVReports to: Production SupervisorRevision Date: 6/11/2021
Position OverviewThe Packaging Lead is responsible for operating
machinery successfully to maximize packaging out puts. Must be able
to perform all tasks with safety and quality in mind. Document
pallet completion time and case count. Maintain a strong team with
continuous training of new and seasoned technicians. Essential
FunctionsPackaging Area's work definitionEnsure finished goods are
packaged safely and efficiently according to company
standards.Perform a final inspection of finished goods in
accordance with the company's quality standards in a safe and
efficient manner. General responsibilities
- Report promptly to the shift supervisor when any issues
- Call the shift maintenance team if you cannot resolve any
machine related issue.
- Call the shift QA technician if you have quality related
- Call the Dough Chef if you find any issues with the
- Track case count, WIP lot#, WIP hopper number and waste data by
lot number; logging the pertinent data onto the visual pallet check
- Logging downtime data accurately.
- Perform and sign off Master Sanitation sheet every shift.
- Inspect date/lot code print and quality of cartons and cases
- Change film roll when needed.
- Add oil and salt when running RTC production.
- Attain packaging materials with folk lift; as needed.
- Clear any minor errors on each packaging machine.
- Make small adjustments to each machine to keep efficiency.
- Ergonomically perform all tasks to ensure safety in compliance
with GMP standards, OSHA regulations, and company policies
- Adhere to required PPE standards in accordance with the task
- All paperwork must be completed on time and accurately. Quality
inspection and Machine inspection responsibilities
- Responsible for performing Pre-Op check list before starting
- Responsible for performing 30 minutes quality check list;
logging the pertinent data onto the check sheet.
- Responsible for performing x-ray and metal detector test at
start of batch and every hour.
- Responsible for performing elevator bucket check at
beginning/end of the shift and the beginning of every batch. Lot
change, Washout, Hot Rinse and Changeover responsibilities
- Responsible for performing Lot/Date code change, Packaging spec
verification, Sensory test, Settings verification on Bagger, CCW,
X-Ray and check weigher when start new batch.
- Drain all crackers from bagger and CCW then perform zero
- Perform Washout, Hot Rinse and Changeover with correct steps.
Cleans and sanitizes all equipment in packaging area ensuring
proper sanitation is done by following SOP's and sanitizing
procedures during shut down or at any flavor change; logging the
pertinent data. Training and Supervising responsibilities
- Oversees the packaging line to ensure all packaging machines
are operated in a safe and effective way.
- Cover all packaging positions and train all packaging
technicians. Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Comply with all safety and quality policies and procedures;
report all unsafe activities to the shift Supervisor.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental
and company goals.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of
- Perform other duties as assigned. Supervisory
ResponsibilityThis position assists with the supervision of
Packaging Technicians. TravelNone. Mental and Physical Demands
- Extensive physical activity performing strenuous daily
activities of a primarily production/technical nature.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with
the fingers, and perceives attributes of objects and
- Ability to have clear vision at 20 inches or less; and 20 feet
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- Ability to judge distances and spatial relationships.
- Ability to adjust the eyes to bring an object into sharp
- Ability to exert 56 pounds of force every 15 minutes; lift 7 to
10 pounds every 1 minute.
- Ability to stay calm and focused during difficult/stressful
situations.Physical Demands% of
timeStand50%Walk50%Sit0%Talk30%Hearing/Listening70%Use hands to
finger, handle, or feel90%Reach with hands and arms50%Stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl20%Taste or Smell50%Lift up to 10 pounds10%Lift up
to 25 pounds10%Lift up to 50 pounds10% Work Environment
- Well-lighted, non-heated and/or non-air conditioned production
setting with adequate ventilation.
- Wet or humid conditions (non-weather).
- Work near moving mechanical parts.
- Air contamination of fumes or caustic chemicals.
- Atmosphere with high noise levels. Preferred Education and
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 3-6 months of experience working in a food related field,
manufacturing industry, an industrial setting, construction.
- For internal candidates, must have successfully completed MGC
training program for the position. Core Competencies
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before employees of
- Ability to add and subtract two digits numbers and to multiply
and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations
using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple
one-or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only
occasional or no variables. Please note this job description is not
designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for
this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any
time with or without notice.
Keywords: Mary's Gone Crackers, Inc, New York , Packaging Lead (Remote), Other , Roseland, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!