Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA)
Company: Cranford Park Rehabilitation
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Cranford Park Rehabilitation - JOB SUMMARY: The primary purpose
of this position is to plan, organize, develop, and implement
activities on the units and on community outings with current
federal, state and local standards, guidelines, and regulations,
facility established policies and procedures, and as may be
directed by the Director of Activities, to assure that an on-going
program of activities designed to meet, in accordance with the
comprehensive assessment, the interests and the physical, mental,
and psycho-social well-being of each resident is maintained.
- Must have a high school diploma.
- Demonstrate adequate English oral and writing skills.
- Must have a high level of organizational skills, initiative,
creativity, and communicate well with others.
- Must be physically and mentally capable of performing routine,
repetitive job duties.
- Uses skill and understanding in handling residents.
- Be considerate, pleasant, and professional in the performance
of his/her duties.
- Must have compassion, tolerance, and understanding for the
- Support the facility's philosophy of care and strive to achieve
its goals and objectives.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest,
and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the
- Assist in planning, developing, organizing, implementing,
evaluating, and directing the activity programs of the
- Participate in discharge planning, development and
implementation of activity care plans and resident
- Contact new residents within seventy-two (72) hours of
admission and interview resident and families in order to obtain
activity information in a private setting.
- Assist the Director of Activity in developing and carrying out
a written plan of care for each resident that identifies
problems/needs of the resident and staff approaches for each
problem identified. Involve the resident and families in planning
activity programs as well as goals and objectives when
- Assure that all activity progress notes charted are informative
and descriptive of the services provided and of the resident's
response to the service utilizing the EMR system.
- Review progress notes from activities and other disciplines to
determine if the activity care plan is being followed.
- Assist the Director of Activities in maintaining a reference
library of written material, laws, etc., necessary for complying
with current standards and regulations, and will provide assistance
in maintaining a quality activity program.
- Assist in providing library service for residents through
cooperation with the local library.
- Complete the MDS and RAP activities worksheet for each assigned
- Participate in community planning related to the interests of
the facility and the services and needs of the resident and
- Assist bed residents on a one-to-one basis by visiting with
them, writing letters, making appointments, etc. as necessary and
keep current one-to-one lists with time and days resident is to be
seen and give a copy to the Director of Activities.
- Maintain a balance of small, medium, and large group
activities, as well as a balance of programs held on the varied
floors and in the activity room.
- Complete current calendars of events posted on the Activity
boards on each wing and in resident rooms.
- Keep storage areas locked after acquiring supplies and be
responsible for the care of and maintenance of supplies, storage
rooms, mini-kitchen and other activity areas.
- Record residents' participation in daily activities and chart
their progress according to JCAHO, Federal, State, and VA
requirements or more often as needed.
- Ensure the activity program includes a minimum of the following
program areas: a) recreational activities, b) crafts, c) religious
activities, d) service activities for the community and facility,
e) intellectual and educational activities, f) community
- Support departments as necessary by-passing trays, returning
rooms to their original order after groups and updating out trip
- Pass mail and newspapers daily.
- Be responsible for the daily preparation and cleanup of
materials and supplies. Inform the Director of Activities of
equipment and supplies that need to be acquired for upcoming
- Work with volunteers for the benefit of the residents.
- Attend staff meetings, in-services, etc. as scheduled or
- Maintain a good working relationship with other departments and
coordinate the activity program to assure that daily activities can
be performed without interruption.
- Turn in Days Off Request forms and supply sheets
- Follow established fire, disaster, safety, infection control,
and evacuation policies and procedures.
- Ensure that department work areas are maintained in a clean,
sanitary, and safe manner (i.e. cleaning supplies and knives are
locked in the closet, glue, scissors, and paint are locked
- Participate in all fire, safety, and disaster preparedness
drills in a professional manner.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of
Activities and the Administrator.
Keywords: Cranford Park Rehabilitation, New York , Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA), Other , Cranford, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!