Early Childhood Professional Development Specialis
Location: New York
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionEarly Childhood Professional Development
Specialist (special education focus)Reports to: Director of Parent
and Family Engagement - Early ChildhoodORGANIZATION
OVERVIEW:INCLUDEnyc was founded in 1983 by three mothers of
children with disabilities who wanted to create a place where
parents could access critical information and support on disability
resources and services. Today INCLUDEnyc is one of New York City's
leading resources for young people with disabilities and their
families. INCLUDEnyc brings love, equity, and access to young
people with disabilities. Learn more on our website:
www.includenyc.org.JOB SUMMARY:The Early Childhood Professional
Development Specialist works with other family educators to develop
and deliver technical assistance and professional development
training to a wide variety of stakeholders in the special
education/disability community. The focus is on birth to 2nd grade.
Stakeholders may include school staff, organizational professionals
working with children with disabilities, as well as families. This
person will deliver training and direct assistance to both
individuals and groups. The trainer will also be responsible for
cultivating and maintaining school and community-based partnerships
to provide ongoing support that promotes positive outcomes for
young people with disabilities. The role focuses on systems change
work, and requires an understanding of disability policies and
special education, and building more inclusive educational
- Collaborate as part of a team with external partners to create
and implement professional development plans to support IDEA
compliance and improve educational outcomes for students with
- Present workshops for families on a range of disability and
special education topics.
- Support youth, family members, and professionals both in person
and over the phone by helping them clarify issues, address
barriers, and determine a course of action.
- Identify, research, and provide information resources for
youth, families and professionals.
- Track and update this information in a secure database.
- Represent INCLUDEnyc at meetings, events, and conferences, as
- Dedicate time to ongoing personal and professional learning and
- 4+ years providing professional development and/or technical
- Master's degree in education, social work or related fields
- Knowledge of preschool educational landscape in NYC, and
familiarity with NYC DOE, with experience working in one or more of
the five boroughs.
- Experience with educational program design and/or adult
- Experience in family engagement and awareness of family
perspectives in educational systems.
- Skilled in navigating different perspectives, needs, and
challenges when working with multiple stakeholders.
- Written and verbal fluency in English required; additional
fluency in Spanish or Mandarin preferred.
- Self-directed and well-organized with a strong ability to
- Comfort with shifting deadlines and priorities.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel,
PowerPoint), Google Apps for Business (Gmail, Docs/Drive/Calendar),
and Salesforce preferred.
- Willingness to travel via public transportation to locations
across the five boroughs. Occasional evenings and Saturdays
required when in-person program delivery resumes.
- Demonstrated commitment to INCLUDEnyc's mission of building
positive outcomes for young New Yorkers with disabilities.BASE
SALARY:$60,000 - $65,000BENEFITS:
- Comprehensive health benefits offering
- 403B plan with employer match
- NYS 529 College Savings
- Generous holiday and paid time off schedule
- Temporary hybrid work model
- Employee Discount PlanAs an equal opportunity employer,
INCLUDEnyc believes that equal opportunity for all employees is
important for the continuing success of our organization. In
accordance with state and federal law, INCLUDEnyc employment
decisions and practices will not be influenced or affected by race,
color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship,
sex, marital status, veteran status, disability, age or any other
characteristic protected by law.Powered by JazzHRFPepfIwEAi
Keywords: INCLUDEnyc, New York , Early Childhood Professional Development Specialis, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!