Auxiliary and Event Services
Company: Adelphi University
Location: Garden City
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Event Services ManagerJob Department/School Auxiliary and Event
ServicesFT/PT/Temp Full timeLocation Garden City, N.Y.Apply Now
Event Services Manager (entry level position) Auxiliary and Event
Services JOB SUMMARY: This is an entry level position and we
welcome applications from recent graduates and anyone looking to
get their master's degree. This position is responsible for
overseeing and facilitating all aspects of event planning for
campus locations serviced by the office of Auxiliary and Event
Services. Responsibilities include staffing, customer feedback,
audiovisual services and maintenance of the spaces we service. The
position is responsible to support the educational, social,
cultural interests of the university that meets the event needs of
the students while facilitating their development. REPORTS
TO:Associate Director of Operations and Event Services
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Ensure your clients are contacted in a timely manner to
complete proper set up diagrams and notifications for their
- Assist students in achieving a successful event by coaching
them on event planning; offering guidance on layouts, dining and
room audiovisual capabilities.
- Responsible for making planning decisions to best suit customer
needs by creating functioning floor plans, setting the proper
atmosphere and affectively dealing with ongoing last minute changes
- Coordinate appropriate audiovisual requirements for assigned
events. Ensure equipment is properly set up, tested and operating
instructions provided to presenter prior to the start of each
- Responsible for overseeing and managing other Event Managers
clients during your shift.
- Manage the daily operations through effective planning, staff
training, leadership, communication, follow up and the ability to
be responsive to our customers.
- Analyze and solve problems individually and as part of a team
of Event Managers.
- Conduct daily inspections of managed spaces; submit work orders
as needed. Track progress of work orders.
- Communicate and coordinate with Public Safety and Physical
Plant any special work or space needed as to keep the building
operational and safe. Ensure proper signage is displayed notifying
those in the building of any service disruptions.
- Distribute and manage surveys to event users. Share data and
collaborate with Event Managers on action steps to b taken to
- Manage When to Work scheduling software making sure events are
- Performs other duties as assigned. REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge,
Skills and Abilities):
- This is a service-oriented position that requires an individual
that can manage constant interaction with members of the campus
community and guests to the campus.
- Ability to work with peers in an open office environment.
- Ability to prioritize workload according to volume, urgency,
- Requires knowledge of sound, lighting, and projection component
operations as well as having proficiency in meeting presentation
- Requires working knowledge of EMS and Meeting Matrix event
software or similar type of event management software. PHYSICAL
- Sitting, walking and standing for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends as needed and
- Able to reach, bend, pull, push, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Minimum of two years event service experience required.
- Knowledgeable in audiovisual operations in a similar setting
such as a higher education facility, conference center and or hotel
required. POSITION(S) SUPERVISED:
- Student Workers. ABOUT ADELPHI: Adelphi University, New York,
is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected
doctoral research university dedicated to transforming students
lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on
learning and innovative ways to support academic and career
success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences
programs and professional training, with particular strength in our
Core FourArts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the
Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness.
Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi
is Long Islands oldest private coeducational university, serving
more than 7,500 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden
City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk
County, and online. The University offers students 75 undergraduate
programs, more than 70 masters degree and doctoral programs, and 55
certificate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and
professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the
New York area, more than 118,000 graduates across the country, a
growing enrollment of students from 44 states and 65 countries, and
rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is
a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and
in the region. Back
- Apply Now
Adelphi University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer, committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce.
We welcome applications from all candidates, including people of
color and those who are, or identify as, members of any
marginalized, underserved or underrepresented group. Adelphi is an
emerging Hispanic serving institution so bilingual candidates are
encouraged to apply. Here is our University statement on diversity:
Keywords: Adelphi University, New York , Auxiliary and Event Services, Other , Garden City, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!