Auto Damage Appraiser
Company: Plymouth Rock Assurance
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Overview:The Auto Damage Appraiser/Crashbuster is responsible
for preparing physical damage estimates on vehicles where a claim
has been submitted for first or third party damages. The candidate
will be required to provide a high level of customer service while
utilizing measures to control severities. This includes oversight
of GRP shops in the New York region utilizing re-inspections as
containment controls. This position is located in our New York
office with appraiser working remotely in their assigned territory
of New York City consisting of the 5 boroughs (Brooklyn, Queens,
Manhattan, Staten Island, and Bronx.)
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Survey damages, prepare estimates and negotiate settlements.
Settlements include partial and total losses within their
established authority level.
- Issue drafts to the appropriate parties.
- Document the claim file as necessary.
- Complete re-inspections and supplements in a timely manner
complying with all New York state regulations.
- Liaison to Body Shops in our GRP network.
- Comply with all production standards and estimating
- Ensure that service, expense control and public relations are
maintained at all times.
- Complete reports on recovered theft and fire assignments.
- Participate in team meetings
- Participate in catastrophic claim handling when requested. This
may include overnight travel for extended periods of time.
- Adhere to privacy guidelines and NY Regulation 64.
Qualifications and Education:
- Assigned Territory - NYC (Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Staten
Island and Bronx)
- Bachelor's degree preferred and a minimum of 1-3 years of auto
claims appraisal experience.
- Must have valid driver's license and favorable driving
- Adverse conditions are encountered while inspecting vehicles.
Candidate must be able to work outside in inclement weather and
drive long distances.
- Comfortable completing inspections of damaged vehicles
including but not limited to crawling under and around vehicles,
inspecting vehicles in tight quarters at body shops and salvage
- Must be willing to participate in catastrophe claim handling
when requested. This may include traveling to other locations,
extended and weekend hours, and up to a three week stay away from
- Must have a strong mechanical aptitude.
- Body shop experience a plus but not required.
- Must be organized and possess the ability to work independently
with limited supervision.
- Must possess solid communication and negotiation skills
- NY State Appraiser License Required
About the Company:
Plymouth Rock is a leading auto insurance provider serving more
than 650,000 customers across New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts,
New Jersey and New Hampshire. Tapping into its 30+ years of
industry experience, Plymouth Rock has pioneered a new way to do
car insurance for consumers. Combining the local knowledge and
expertise of independent agents, with the power and ease of doing
business online, Plymouth Rock has changed the insurance lifecycle
by giving consumers choice - to do business the way they want.
Plymouth Rock is headquartered across from South Station in
Downtown Boston, with offices across New England, New York and New
Jersey. With more than $1.7 billion in premiums underwritten and
serviced, the Plymouth Rock Group employs over 1,800 people and
writes insurance through 800+ independent agents. Plymouth Rock
Assurance Corporation holds an A.M. Best rating of
We believe that every person is entitled to equal employment
opportunities. We do not discriminate against any employee or
qualified applicant for employment on the basis of age, race,
color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or genetic
information. In addition, the state in which you work may protect
certain other characteristics. We are committed to treating
employees fairly and with dignity and respect, and we
unconditionally prohibit discrimination in hiring, terminating,
promoting, or compensating any employee on the basis of a qualified
individual's membership in any of these protected classes
Keywords: Plymouth Rock Assurance, New York , Auto Damage Appraiser, Other , Uniondale, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!