SUPERVISOR, ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES
Company: One Brooklyn Health System
Location: New York
Posted on: September 26, 2022
Posted Date 9 months ago (11/26/2021 4:23 PM) Job ID 2021-10765
# of Openings 1 Job Locations US-NY-Brooklyn Department IMC -
9440-Housekeeping Facility Interfaith Medical Center Hospital Shift
Alternate Weekends Type Full-Time Overview Supervisor assumes
leadership of environmental services at Interfaith Medical Center.
Here you will work with dynamic colleagues and a diverse inpatient
population. Empower Environmental Services professionals to deliver
extraordinary guest experiences. Be the face of caring, proactive
customer services on a tight knit team by demonstrating great
values and competencies. Serve as a liaison to medical staff and
oversee employees. Provide inspiring, action-oriented leadership
that foster consistency, results and personalized service
throughout IMC. Responsibilities not limited to administration,
payroll, and employee's yearly annuals. Responsibilities
- Interact with departments and maintains effective customer
relations at all levels, including conducting rounding.
- Provide direction and manage performance for all front line
employees and supervisors and ensuring employee development.
- Understand HCAPHS and how to drive improvement.
- Schedule staff, ensuring adequate coverage for all shifts.
- Oversees the snow removal process of IMC campus during
- Maintains oversight of EPA standards ensuring Hazardous waste
is handled according to EPA standard.
- Ensure compliance with appropriate infection prevention,
safety, OSHA, Joint Commission and regulatory standards
- All other duties as requested. Qualifications Education:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred. Experience:
- Minimum five (5) years environmental service experience in a
healthcare setting. Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of pertinent regulatory agencies and the policies,
codes, standards, and regulations that applies to the clinical
equipment in their area, required.
- Knowledge of infection control techniques a must,
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer Skills - knowledgeable in Microsoft Office especially
Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Physical Requirements:
- Involves standing, walking, sitting, talking, hearing and
- May include some repetitive motion.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the
position without compromising patient care. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. The statements herein are
intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an
exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of
personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of Interfaith Medical Center. IMC is an equal opportunity employer,
it is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, marital status, military status, age, gender,
sexual orientation, disability or handicap or other characteristics
protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Sorry the
Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please
refresh the page and try again later.
Keywords: One Brooklyn Health System, New York , SUPERVISOR, ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!