Lead Data Engineer - Analytics Engineering - REMOTE
Location: New York
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. For more than 160
years, Macy's has served generations at every stage of their lives.
Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Now is an
exciting time to join Macy's, Inc. The face of retail is changing,
and change requires innovation.
Macy's, Inc is building an Enterprise Data & Analytics team to
further grow our capabilities in support of our mission to be a
data-led, customer-centric company. This team will focus on
accelerating impact from analytics, coordinating an enterprise-wide
roadmap, and ensuring proper data governance and management. This
team will lead the charge to execute on our vision to build
profitable lifetime customer relationships by embedding data &
analytics at the heart of everything we do.
The Lead Data Engineer will develop, test and maintain
architecture, including databases and processing systems, to
support a robust analytical pipeline that facilitates priority
analytics use cases. The Lead Data Engineer will ensure these data
processing capabilities meet business requirements, use case and
user needs while providing reliable, efficient and quality
- Adhere to processes to ensure data pulled from various sources
meets quality standards, is curated and enhanced for analytical use
and there is a "single source of truth"
- Work with counterparts from Tech to build frameworks that
integrate data pipelines and machine learning models that
facilitate use by data scientists for priority use cases;
Enterprise Data and Analytics team focused on "last mile"
transformations on select data required for use cases
- Maintain database structure and standard definitions for
business users across Macy's
- Work with data architects to build the foundational extract /
load / transform process and regularly review the architecture and
recommend effectiveness improvements
- Collaborate with Technology to future-proof data & analytics
software, tools and code to reduce risk and support pipeline
- Work with Legal and Privacy teams to adhere to data privacy and
- Work with Data Architect to implement the data models,
standards and quality rules
- Work with the Data Science team to understand data formatting
and sourcing needs to enable them to build out use cases as
efficiently as possible
- Community builder to foster data and analytics culture and to
support data-driven thinking and discussions across priority
analytics use case
- Be entrepreneurial, agile, and results-oriented
- Embody data-driven culture at Macy's
- Bolster awareness, knowledge and conviction around data-driven
practices and behaviors, increasing digital IQ of Business
- Proactively raise data issues and take action to
remediateSupport business users in identifying the correct data
sets and providing easy to use tools to pull data
Key Performance Indicators
- Quantity, type, and quality of databases and pipelines, in
partnership with Technology
- Compliance with relevant laws and regulations , in partnership
- Automation of data cleansing and harmonization processes in
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related technical
- At least 8 years of overall experience in building ETL/ELT,
data warehousing and big data solutions.
- At least 5 years of experience in building data models and data
pipelines to process different types of large datasets.
- At least 3 years of experience with Python, Spark, Hive,
Hadoop, Kinesis, Kafka.
- Proven expertise in relational and dimensional data
- Understand PII standards, processes, and security
- Experience in building data warehouse using Cloud Technologies
such as AWS or GCP Services, and Cloud Data Warehouse preferably
- Able to confidently express the benefits and constraints of
technology solutions to technology partners, stakeholders, team
members, and senior levels of management.
- Experience implementing and supporting operational data stores,
data warehouses, data marts, and data integration
- In depth knowledge in Big Data solutions and Hadoop
- Ability to effectively share technical information, communicate
technical issues and solutions to all levels of business.
- Able to juggle multiple projects - can identify primary and
secondary objectives, prioritize time and communicate timeline to
- Passionate about designing and developing elegant ETL/ELT
pipelines and Frameworks.
- Ability and desire to take product/project ownership.
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and
- Cloud Architect (AWS or GCP or Azure) Certification is a
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting, with occasional
- Occasionally requires walking, bending, reaching, hearing and
- Continuous use of computers and other office
- Frequently lift/move up to 10 lbs.
Keywords: Macy's, New York , Lead Data Engineer - Analytics Engineering - REMOTE, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!