Company: Institute for Community Living, Inc.
Posted on: September 25, 2022
DescriptionNOTE: All applicants must comply with ICL/NYCs
vaccination policy. Individuals selected for employment cannot
begin working until they provide verification that they are fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 (with an FDA-authorized vaccine) or
submit and gain approval for a Medical or Religious Exemption.
Individuals approved for exemption must submit weekly PCR test
results. ESSENTIAL TASK
- Establish a contactable interaction with individuals at the Hub
and direct individuals to specific locations within the Hub.
- Monitor entrance of the building and activities throughout the
building and report, and or address crises and emergencies.
- Provide linkage to community services including medical,
behavioral health, housing support, food assistance, entitlements,
and other social services through communications with different
- Conduct outreach and engagement activities within the Hub and
the East New York Community
- Keep records, data, and other related reports in an organized,
timely, and accurate manner as per policy and procedures.
- Monitor activities respond to clients, visitors, and staff
inquiries. Responsible for taking the temperature of clients and
staff entering and exiting the building and redirect people
entering the building when indicated.
- Monitor the front desk and telephone system as needed.
- Provide and follow emergency response if necessary, as outline
by the company
- Ad hoc duties as assigned MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: NYC Security
Guard License and High School Diploma or GED with a minimum of
three years of experience working with people with disabilities,
human services, safety, and security or community base
organizations or: Certified Peer Counselor; or Bachelor level
education. Food handlers permit a plus.ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and electronic
- Ability to work and communicate with recipients, families, and
staff in a caring and respectful manner, and with due understanding
of and consideration for cultural differences.
- Warm and cheerful disposition required as the position includes
constant interaction with clients
- Demonstrated competency in written, verbal, and computational
skills to present and document records by program standards.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
- Knowledge of universal Health and Safety protocols
- Knowledge of Medicaid, Social Security, and other
Keywords: Institute for Community Living, Inc., New York , Security, Other , Brooklyn, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!