Company: LaGuardia Plaza Hotel
Location: East Elmhurst
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The primary function of the Line Cook is to portion, prep, prepare
and plate foods (while maintaining sanitary habits). Line Cooks are
also expected to perform other duties within the area of cooking as
determined by the Executive Chef.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to
adhere to each of the essential duties satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill and ability necessary to do so. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to ensure individuals with disabilities are able to perform
the essential functions.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities*
* Monitoring and testing food temperatures.
* Organizing and maintaining all work and storage areas.
* Usage of proper lock and key procedures.
* Food preparation and cooking.
* Proper presentation.
* The proper mixing and measuring of ingredients according to
* Reading of menus and BEO's to determine what foods are
* The cutting, trimming and boning of meat prior to cooking.
* The proper garnishing of food on plates, platter and bowls as
* The rotation of food items in storage by date (cold and dry
* Attend all mandatory meetings and hotel functions.
* Agree to work flexible shifts, including weekends and
* Comply with all company standards and policies, as established in
the employee handbook.
* Other duties as required by the Executive Chef.
*Education and/or Experience*
A High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED); Bachelor
Degree in Hospitality or Hotel Management preferred or 2 year
related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of
education and experience. Previous hotel experience preferred, but
The ability to: listen, read, write, and speak, both clearly, and
effectively ensures that the lines of communication are open
between the employees and guests at the hotel; and is absolutely
essential. Customer service is our priority, so it is imperative
that all Associates communicate to the best of their ability.
The ability to perform basic mathematical functions: adding,
subtracting, multiplying, and dividing, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals; along with the ability to compute rate,
ratio, percent and interpret bar graphs.
Food Handlers, Sanitation and TIPS certifications preferred.
Job Type: Full-time%58047475%
Keywords: LaGuardia Plaza Hotel, New York , Line Cook, Other , East Elmhurst, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!