Female Companion w/ Refined Dementia Care Skills for Female - Spanish a+ PT
Company: Renewal Memory Partners
Location: New York
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*RENEWAL MEMORY PARTNERS is seeking a highly skilled female Care
Partner with excellent and diversified Companion skills.*
A minimum of 2 years of in-home Alzheimer's or dementia care is
necessary*. Fluency in English is required; fluency in Spanish is
*$22.00 - $25.00 hourly*
The Ideal Care Partner will have a wide range of interests in
cultural and historical activities, opera, music, museums and
galleries, educational lectures. The successful Care Partner will
engage the client in intellectual and stimulating activities,
accompany the client on walks and appropriate physical
An easygoing and encouraging personality would fit best.
This Part Time schedule has strong potential to increase and is
best suited to a candidate with an open schedule.
*Schedule: Tue/Wed/Fri 12-4pm*
*All RMP employees must be fully covid vaccinated*
Come join our growing community of Care Partners who share this
common purpose! At Renewal Memory Partners, we are dedicated to
providing holistic, person-centered care to people living with
Alzheimer's and related dementias. Our organization is also
committed to providing affirming care to the LGBTQ community.
For all Care Partners of Renewal Memory Partners, we are proud to
* Community: We understand that caring for older adults can be
isolating at times, and we strive to build community among Care
Partners through ongoing support groups, dynamic trainings, and
* Professional Development: Through the Renewal Memory Institute,
you will have access to best-in-class trainings offered by a
multidisciplinary team of experts. You may also have the
opportunity to engage in cutting-edge research studies through our
partnerships with university and hospital-based teams.
* Competitive Compensation: At Renewal Memory Partners, we strive
to offer top starting pay, plus a wide range of benefits.
* A Person-Centered Approach that Honors You: We celebrate both our
clients and our Care Partners as diverse individuals, and actively
learn about their hobbies, backgrounds, and interests. We
thoughtfully match clients and Care Partners who can build genuine,
* Providing companionship to older adults and people with chronic
health conditions in their homes (e.g., discussing current events,
creating artwork, reviewing photo albums).
* Planning activities outside the home and accompanying clients to
keep them engaged with the world (e.g., trips to museums, concerts,
plays, or the park).
* Escorting clients to doctors' appointments.
* Running errands for clients (e.g., grocery shopping,
* Reminding clients to take their medications.
* Doing light exercise with clients (e.g., helping with stretching
* Assisting clients in preparing meals.
* Performing light housekeeping, such as dusting, tidying, and
We welcome candidates with diverse backgrounds including the
creative arts and healthcare fields. Our employment is selective.
Strong candidates possess:
* A passion for caring for individuals with Alzheimer's disease and
related dementias. Prior experience working with this population is
valued, but not required.
* An accredited high school diploma, though we prefer candidates
with college degrees or those currently attending colleges or
* Deep empathy and patience.
* Flexibility, reliability, and responsiveness.
* Creativity and a positive, open-hearted approach.
* Strong composure under pressure.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build
trust-based relationships with clients and their families.
* 24/7 RN Support
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $22.00 - $25.00 per hour
* Employee assistance program
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
* No weekends
* On call
* Self-determined schedule
* Weekend availability
* Weekends only
All Renewal Memory Partner employees MUST BE FULLY COVID
* High school or equivalent (Required)
* Alzheimer's care: 3 years (Required)
* Home health Care: 3 years (Required)
* Spanish and English fluency (Required)
* HHA Certification (Required)
* Proof of Covid Vaccination (Required)
Work Location: On the road%58047475%
Keywords: Renewal Memory Partners, New York , Female Companion w/ Refined Dementia Care Skills for Female - Spanish a+ PT, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!