Human Resources/Payroll Coordinator
Company: Gansevoort Meatpacking NYC
Location: New York
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Gansevoort Meatpacking NYC is looking for a Human Resources /
*Prior F&B/Hotel experience is required. *
*This is 100% in-office position.*
This role is ideal for someone who:
\* Currently works in a junior HR role and wishes to grow to a
management role within 12-18 months;
\* A payroll specialist who would like to transition into a Human
\* A hospitality (Hotel or F&B) professional of any other
department who wishes to transition to Hospitality HR.
Please submit your resume if you feel this position is a good match
*Position: Human Resources/Payroll Coordinator*
*Reporting to: Director of Human Resources*
Summary of Position: The ideal Human Resources Coordinator
candidate will possess a natural, yet professional ease at working
and understanding the needs of employees in a fast-paced
environment. As a "customer service" minded professional, you will
be involved in all aspects of Human Resources activity. The
coordinator will provide administrative support to the Human
Resources team. More specifically, you will process and maintain
highly confidential information, assist with the recruitment
process (post job descriptions, review resumes, facilitate
telephone screenings, and assist in the orientation process for all
new hires). Other projects will be assigned throughout the term.
With minimal supervision, professional savvy and impeccable
organization skills, you should be able to execute multiple tasks
and liaise with various department heads.
Primary Functions HR role:
- Facilitates the hiring process.
- Process weekly payroll (thru Paychex Flex).
- To uphold and comply with Coyle Standards and Gansevoort Core
Values at all times.
- Administration of all human resources policies, procedures and
- Maintain all employee records.
- Process, File, and Maintain Employee Paperwork and Files.
- Monitor Employee Status.
- Safety Training Program.
- Monitor Vacation/Sick Pay.
- Employee Requisition Log.
- Background Checks.
- Reference Checks.
- Offer Letters/Regret Letters.
- New Hire Paperwork (I-9 documentation, W4, etc.).
- Termination Process.
- Exit Interviews.
- On Boarding Process.
- Department Meetings (Agendas and Minutes).
- Performance Reviews.
- Employee Opinion Survey.
- Employment Verification Letters.
- Employee Appreciation and Acknowledgement Program.
- Quarterly Events- Employee of the Quarter.
- Birthday Cards/Anniversary Certificates.
- Manage the recruitment of qualified applicants for Hotel open
positions and ensure that all Hotel Gansevoort hiring standards are
followed (i.e. EEOE, reference checks, background checks, offer
- Oversee maintenance of accurate and up-to-date Employee
- Monitor and maintain all Employment Eligibility Verification
documents, ensure that none are expired.
- Oversee Employee Recognition and Reward Programs.
- Provide a professional image at all times. Demonstrate positive
leadership characteristics. Be attentive and genuine with
- Monitor Performance Reviews to ensure that they are given in a
timely manner and comply with the performance review policy.
- Maintain an Open Door Policy for line staff and management.
- Enrolled in a 4-year MA or BA Degree in Human Resources, or
related hospitality field
- Some HR experience preferred from Hospitality Industry
- Exceptional follow-through and attention to detail
- Flexible, articulate, highly organized, and able to anticipate
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications including: Excel/Word/MS
- Excellent English communication skills - oral and written
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all guests and hotel
- General knowledge of hotel departments.
- Excellent English communication skills - oral and written.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods throughout
- Ability to work a flexible full-time schedule to include weekends
and holidays as dictated by business demands.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all employee and hotel
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $30.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Gansevoort Meatpacking NYC, New York , Human Resources/Payroll Coordinator, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!