High End Master Jeweler
Company: GemsNY Corp.
Location: Fort Lee
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*SEEKING Expert Jeweler to lead our Fort Lee, NJ Jewelry
GemsNY.com is the online extension of a 35 year old wholesale
gemstones and jewelry business with branches in NYC 47thstreet and
in Fort Lee, NJ. With an extensive inventory and superior marketing
we are one of the most dominant companies in the jewelry
Candidate would need to be an expert setter, jeweler and polisher.
The High end Jewelry Jeweler needs to have the skill set to support
the construction and fabrication of High end Jewelry all by
themselves. He or she will have experience working extensively in
platinum and gold with all varieties of colored stones (including
emerald and diamonds). Primary Responsibilities include:
* Expert Setter / Jeweler / polisher. Be able to handle all three
of these tasks themselves.
* Expert Bench Jeweler who can expedite repairs of all levels of
complexity precious-metal jewelry pieces and assigned tasks.
* Solder posts for earrings, chains and pendants
* Expert Setter- Diamond and colored gemstone setting for high end
jewelry. Expert in channel, bezel, prong, pave and other types of
* Expert Polisher- Pre Polish and final polish
* Soldering with platinum and gold.
* Assembling modeled jewelry pieces.
* Cleaning castings.
* Using the laser welder
* Completing stock and client requests such as repairs, ring sizes,
chain adjustment, soldering, prong re-tipping, resetting stones,
assembly and metal repairs for porosity and cracks etc.
* Work safely at all times by consistently following safe work
procedures for Jewelers, as well as all safety procedures required
at your worksite. Promptly report all incidents and safety
*Required Qualifications: *
* Minimum 10years experience in high end jewelry mfg.
* Experience with mounting large center diamond and colored
* Bench jeweler experience -working with high end and/or
* Demonstrated Knowledge/experience of a Laser Welder Machine.
* Experience working with diverse materials (e.g., platinum, yellow
gold, white gold) and gemstones/diamonds
* Must be flexible to adapt to changing priorities and willing to
change responsibilities within the department as needed by the
* Experience with performing and expediting jewelry repairs.
* Flexible to work overtime to support the needs of the
The hiring range for this position ranges from $75K - $100K. The
rate of pay offered will be dependent upon candidates' relevant
skills and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
* Employee discount
* Paid time off
* Professional development assistance
* Referral program
* 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Fort Lee, NJ 07024: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: GemsNY Corp., New York , High End Master Jeweler, Other , Fort Lee, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!