Company: G.E. North America
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Tool Maker will work at the Parsippany, NJ Metem a GE Power
business manufacturing plant and operate a variety of production
equipment and tooling. You will also have ownership of safety,
compliance, qualify, and productivity.**Essential
- Analyze specifications, lay out metal stock, set-up and operate
machine tools, and fit and assemble parts to make and repair
cutting tools, jigs, and fixtures, gauges, and machinist hand
tools, applying knowledge of tool design and construction, shop
mathematics, metal properties, lay out, machining and assembly
- Study specifications, such as blueprints, sketches, models or
descriptions and visualizes product. Compute dimensions and plan
lay out and assembly operations.
- Measure, mark and scribe metal stock for machining. Set-up and
operate machine tools such as lathe, milling machine, grinder to
machine parts and verify conformance of machined parts to
- Lift machined parts manually and position and hold them on
surface plate or worktable using devices such as vises, V-blocks,
and angle plates. Smooth flat and contoured surfaces using
scrapers, abrasive stones and power grinders.
- Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearance using measuring
instruments such as dial indicators gauge blocks, thickness gauges
and micrometers. Heat treat tools and parts when necessary. Examine
standard or previously used tools and decide on modifications to be
made. Work to fairly close tolerances.
- Maintain company production and quality standards.
- Report unusual problems or conditions to supervisor.
- Observe company safety rules and regulations.
- Perform, as assigned, other similar or related
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- This role requires use of technical data subject to U.S.
Government export restrictions and this posting is only for U.S.
Persons (U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents and protected
individuals (e.g., certain refugees and asylees)). GE will require
proof of status prior to employment.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in EDM/CNC or tooling production
- Ability to read and interpret M&G code.
- Ability to perform basic M&G code programming in MDI
- Deep knowledge of machine tool geometry and problem solving
skills to ensure machines are functioning properly (tramming).
- Basic mechanical skills needed.
- Proficient shop math skills.
- Basic computer skills and understanding of Microsoft Word and
- Ability to lift/push/pull at least 50 pounds, with or without
- Ability to work occasional weekend shifts.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Willingness to wear personal protective equipment, for example:
safety glasses, gloves, ear plugs, and safety shoes.
- Successful completion of a background check and drug
- Experience using Knee Mills, Lathes, Surface Grinders,
Hydraulic Press, Hand Tools.
- Experience in basic CNC programming.
- Able to work with computerized shop floor tools.
- Experience in simple assembly & fabrication.
- Experience in manufacturing preferred.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and
paragraphs in work related documents.
- Ability to follow written instructions and take verbal
instructions for multiple assembly tasks in a manufacturing shop
- Demonstrates strong communication and follow-up skills.
- Strong team player and flexible willingness to move to
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team with minimal
- Demonstrates positive attitude, strong work ethic, and
self-motivation and ethical standards and integrity.
- Has a strong belief in Metem, a GE Power business, and the
exciting opportunities it is pursuing.Additional Information
- Comprehensive benefit package (including retirement, medical,
dental, vision, 12 paid holidays and more---)This role is
restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent
residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration
and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to
export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior
to employment.Additional InformationGE offers a great work
environment, professional development, challenging careers, and
competitive compensation. GE is an - -Employment decisions are made
without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age,
disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics
protected by law.GE will only employ those who are legally
authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer
of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a
drug screen (as applicable).As a federal government contractor, GE
may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully
vaccinated against COVID-19. -Some GE customers currently have
vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.**Relocation
Assistance Provided: **NoYou should be proficient in:
- Mechanical Troubleshooting Skills
- High School / GED
- Shop Math SkillsMachines & technologies you'll use:
- CNC Grinder
- Manual Grinder
- Manual LatheSalary info:$33 - $33 / hr
Keywords: G.E. North America, New York , Tool Maker, Other , Parsippany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!