Company: Integrated Resources, Inc
Location: New York
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job Title: MRI Technologist
Job Location: New York, NY
Job Duration: 3+ month contract (Possibilities of Extension)
Shifts: Tuesday to Friday 12am - 8 pm and Saturdays 8 am - 4 pm
(40hours - 5 days)
Pay Range: $62 to $66/ hour
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates the ability to perform
- Performs MRI imaging procedures. Operates and/or prepares
specialized equipment to perform magnetic imaging
- Assists, prepares, and positions patients as required to
perform MRI procedures.
- Applies the necessary technical judgment to obtain studies of
an acceptable diagnostic quality according to written protocols and
the patient's needs.
- Provides patient education relevant to specific imaging
procedures by informing the patient of the nature of the procedure,
the area to be imaged and any specific instructions the patient may
- Reviews patient safety questionnaires and follows MRI safety
precautions prior to scanning patients.
- Ensures patients are cleared before transition from zone 2 -
- Assists in administering opaque media and or loading power
injector under aseptic technique.
- Positions patients and associated coils to obtain optimum
- Scans patient related documents.
- Ensures all images are appropriately labeled as specified by
the department SOP.
- Assists physician directly as required.
- Evaluates radiographs for technical acceptability and ensures
images are transmitted to PACS in a timely fashion.
- Ensures Radiology room and equipment cleanliness, at the start
and at the end of the shift, to include removal of soiled or dirty
- Maintains supplies and accessories in imaging room necessary to
safely perform duties, as required.
- Accurately records all required patient tracking information
into IDX (Radiology Information System).
- Schedules exams into IDX (Radiology Information System) as
- Ensures that all studies performed are completed in IDX
(Radiology Information System) in a timely fashion.
- Informs supervisor or appropriate personnel of needed repairs
to equipment or unsafe conditions.
- Prevents the spread of infection to self, patients, visitors,
and other employees by adhering to infection control policies and
- Attends in-services and other professional development meetings
- Maintains in good standing, licensure specific to job to
include adherence to Article 35 of the Public Health Code.
- Graduate of an AMA approved School of Radiologic
- N.Y. State Dept. of Health Licensed Radiologic
- ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists)
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists. (MRI
- BLS certification
- NY State IV Certification
Keywords: Integrated Resources, Inc, New York , MRI TECHNOLOGIST, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!