Assistant Site Supervisor - New Construction
Company: The Horizon Group
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Experienced Assistant Site Supervisor wanted to join our team!
We are an established, successful, family-owned residential
construction firm with building locations in Manhattan and
We'd love for this candidate to crush it as an Assistant and
rapidly advance into a full Site Supervisor role.
Ideal candidate for this role is reliable, experienced in multiple
aspects of construction, observant of details, relatable and able
to manage people, highly organized, a capable multi-tasker and have
a desire to grow. Prior supervisory/team management is
Note: SST is preferred but at a minimum, OSHA 30 + OSHA 10
certification is required for this position. Documentation must be
presented prior to hire.
*Assistant Site Supervisor Job Responsibilities*
* Prepare site prior to start of work day, wrap up location and
task inspections at end of day
* Confirm all paperwork is completed by subcontractors on schedule
and filed appropriately
* Assist site super with "work site orientation" for new
* Perform daily quality control inspections of work in progress
* Check that work matches plans
* Check that materials used match submittals and plans and
* Coordinate with PM and Site Supervisor to know what project
steps, deadlines, worker schedules and supplies needed
* Confirm all work is progressing on schedule.
* Notify site super and PM of any concerns or issues found,
implement solutions provided
* Work with housekeeping / safety laborers to maintain a clean and
* Assist in placing orders for materials/supplies
* Accept deliveries, check quantities to confirm they match what
* Assist site super in completing daily report
* Assist site super when scheduling special inspection agencies
* Assist site super to schedule delivery / swap of garbage
* Assist site super in performance of quantity take offs
* Ensure all workers follow safety protocols and are OSHA
* Oversee additional projects and/or special tasks as assigned by
*Assistant Site Supervisor Requirements*
* Experience working as Assistant Site Supervisor on a construction
* High school diploma or GED
* OSHA 30 + OSHA 10 certification (documentation required)
* Solid working knowledge of construction methods, material and
* Highly organized, must be attentive to details.
* The ability to read and understand detailed instructions,
schematics and blueprints
* Understanding of construction management processes. Must be able
to direct and oversee others.
* Able to plan ahead, juggle priorities and multi-task. Analytical
thinkers will succeed in this role.
* Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Must be able to get to job site reliably and on time.
Occasionally moving between job sites. Driver's license is NOT
* Physically able to be active for majority of work day. Standing,
walking, bending, climbing, moving or lifting materials, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Brooklyn, NY 11249: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Construction: 2 years (Required)
* Supervisory / Manager: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: The Horizon Group, New York , Assistant Site Supervisor - New Construction, Other , Brooklyn, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!