After-School Technology Instructor (Fall 2022)
Location: New York
Posted on: November 26, 2022
ScholarStem is seeking a part-time instructor for Fall 2022 to
lead a class of elementary or middle schoolers in one of our
after-school technology courses. These classes include topics like
web design, game design, and robotics. Coding experience helps, but
if you're a tech nerd like us, we'll teach you everything you need
to know. More important than a tech background is a passion for
technology and the willingness to transfer that to bright, engaged
students in after-school.
*Topics we teach: *
* 2D Scratch, Roblox Studio, VR w/ CoSpaces, Micro: Bit, Web
* Pay: $47-$60 per hour depending on experience and topic
* Flexibility: We will work with your schedule to provide sites
that best fits your needs
* Rewarding: you will learn a lot of new skills working with us and
make a genuine difference to hundreds of students every day!
* Great pay for just a few hours!
*Hours and Location*
* Multiple school sites in New York City metro area
Classes typically start at 2:30pm - 5:30pm and meet on average once
to twice a week. Depending on your schedule and availability, you
may be able to maximize your hours with multiple schools.
1. Passion for teaching students in grades K-8. It takes patience
to facilitate a class where every student has a computer in front
of them. Maintaining order is necessary to run a successful
classroom. The average instructor: student ratio will be 12:1.
2. Experience with technology and the ability/willingness to learn
several new, relatively simple computer languages. Coding knowledge
will help, but is not necessary.
3. Always be on time. Punctuality is non-negotiable for this
*How to Apply*
If you're interested in helping us provide tech education for
future innovators, apply with your resume. We look forward to
seeing you on the ScholarStem team!
ScholarStem has been facilitating K-8 tech after-school programs
since 2015. Our mission is to develop engaging, project-based tech
curriculum and lead a motivated team to administer these courses.
We treat every member of our team as peers and give opportunities
to grow in the instructor role and beyond.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $47.00 - $60.00 per hour
* Flexible schedule
* Professional development assistance
* Day shift
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
* Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
* Childcare: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: ScholarStem, New York , After-School Technology Instructor (Fall 2022), Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!