Company: PUBLIC Hotel
Location: New York
Posted on: November 26, 2022
While there are many pillars that are central to our mission,
service is the center of the center. It is the most important thing
at PUBLIC. We deliver service that is personal, attentive,
gracious, friendly, knowledgeable, genuine, and unscripted - from
people who are passionate, sincere, curious, empathetic, and
social---who love making others feel good.
At PUBLIC, guests get more than what is expected and much more than
what has traditionally been customary.
The Line Cook is responsible for delivering the highest quality
food and service at all times. Cooks are responsible for daily
operational procedures and are responsible for food production and
plating in accordance with company specs and timing standards.
Cooks are responsible for following Company recipes at all
*ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS*
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not
limited to the following:
* Be an ambassador for PUBLIC by meeting and exceeding PUBLIC core
objectives and values.
* Think and act like an owner.
* Provide excellent, friendly, courteous and professional service
to all internal and external guests, in every interaction.
* Ensure PUBLIC culture is enlivened in all aspects of the
* Maintain and ensure the overall cleanliness and safety of work
area/assigned station and the establishment.
* Perform opening and closing procedures.
* Provide food as dictated by the menu, guests or management in a
clean safe and timely manner.
* Follow directions and maintain good working relationships with
supervisors and managers.
* Follow proper payroll and uniform procedures.
* Operate kitchen equipment safely and properly in the kitchen.
* Utilize the computer system and read all orders.
* Prepare and present all food in a timely manner.
* Handle all types of food and rotate it according to established
* Work closely with standard recipes and plate presentation in
order to maintain standards of quality in production and
* Cook a wide variety of foods in all modern and classical cooking
* Work with cutlery in a proficient, safe and swift manner.
* Respond to guests' requests in an accurate and timely manner,
creating a positive outcome that will result in a memorable
* Must be knowledgeable about PUBLIC i.e. location, cuisine,
* Ensure that PUBLIC reporting procedures are aligned with
* Ensure sanitation fundamentals and Health Department requirements
that are set forth by PUBLIC, local, state and federal regulations
are in compliance.
* Take action in all matters related to the safety, security,
satisfaction and well-being of team members, hotel guests and
property. Respond swiftly and effectively in any hotel emergency or
* Ensure compliance with all hotel policies and procedures at all
* A minimum of three years' experience in fine dining food
* Expert in restaurant operations and excellent knowledge of all
* Maintain a high level of personal appearance and hygiene at all
* Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule, including
weekends, holidays and late hours when necessary.
* Must have the ability to report to work on time and when
* Must have the ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods
* Ability to behave at all times based on a guest responsive
culture where exceptional guest service prevails.
* Be attentive, accountable and highly organized and has the
ability to plan multiple activities in a timely fashion.
* Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Ability to maintain a positive and professional demeanor and
composure at all times.
* Ability to be friendly, engaging, gracious and the ability to
focus and connect with all guests and team members and exceed their
* Have an upbeat, energetic, authentic and professional attitude at
* Know how to participate in a team environment and assist other
departments when needed, providing lateral service.
*EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS*
* A comprehensive, working knowledge of the hospitality
* Ability to read, write and speak English fluently
* Two-year degree or apprenticeship
* Up to date sanitation classes
$250 Signing Bonus after 90 Days of Employment
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $21.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Paid sick time
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* Vision insurance
* Fine dining restaurant
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Night shift
Weekly day range:
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
PUBLIC requires team members to be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19, where allowable under the law, unless they are approved
for reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical
condition, or religious belief that prevents them from being
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
* Restaurant Experience: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: PUBLIC Hotel, New York , Line Cook, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!