Senior Environmental Scientist
Location: New York
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Dewberry is currently seeking a Senior Environmental Scientist to
join our Richmond office. - This is an excellent career opportunity
for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join our team of
outstanding professionals. - The individual will perform work
associated with Virginia's State Programmatic General Permitting -
(SPGP), federal 404/401 permitting (which includes all aspects of
wetlands inventory, analysis, delineation and mitigation) and all
aspects of species coordination with Virginia Wildlife, the
Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR) and United States
Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS). - The individual must have the
ability to manage and mentor environmental staff.
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm
with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide.
What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At
Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the
highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you're an
experienced professional or a new graduate, you'll have the chance
to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative
and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our
commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from
other defining attributes, which we call "Dewberry at Work," that
have -inspired our employees to be successful for more than a
- Primary focus is to execute project activities with client and
project team and coordinate with regulatory agencies.
- Coordinate field visits with clients and regulatory
- Evaluate site conditions and select wetlands identification,
mitigation and regulatory approval strategies.
- Conduct soil, hydrology and vegetation inventory, species
assessments and surveys and plant identifications.
- Prepare environmental permit applications for Federal, State
and Local governments. Complete post permit compliance
- Document and summarize results of field investigations and
- Prepare plans, specifications, maps, exhibits and supporting
documentation for client and regulatory approvals.
- Provide client and regulatory agency coordination.
- Support proposal preparation, contract execution, and
- Perform technical work and develop project execution
Required Skills & Required Experience
- A Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science, Biology,
Ecology, Environmental Studies, Forestry, Wildlife Biology, or
related field is required. An advanced degree (Master's or PhD) in
Biology, Botany, Conservation Biology, Environmental Science &
Policy, Hydrogeology or related field is a plus.
- 10-15 years of work experience is required.
- Capability to execute and coordinate environmental permitting
and environmental assessment activities with internal/external
clients and regulatory agencies.
- Proficiency with ArcMap/GIS, AutoCAD and/or Microstation is
- Knowledge of Virginia environmental regulations and permitting,
1987 U.S. Army Corps of Engineer's Wetland Delineation Manual and
Piedmont/Coastal Plain Supplements, Unified Stream Assessment (USM)
Tool for Stream Mitigation Credit determination, Perennial Flow
Determinations, and Chesapeake Bay Act Resources and
- Professional Wetland Scientist/Delineator preferred. - Sediment
and Erosion Control Inspector and/or natural stream restoration
design certification (Rosgen) is a plus. Specific species
experience -(Small Whorled Pogonia) a plus.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Regular field work in a variet of seasonl conditions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong written and verbal ommunication skills.
- Local and occasional statewide travel is required.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual
*Only recipients of an offer of employment from Dewberry, will be
required to submit to a background screening which may include, but
is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other
credential verification, driving record check, criminal background
check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will
be conducted by Dewberry's background vendor of choice and will be
conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and
Keywords: Dewberry, New York , Senior Environmental Scientist, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!