Accounting Clerk- Oncology Patient Financial Services 150 east 42nd Street
Company: Mount Sinai Medical Center
Location: New York
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Strength Through Diversity Ground breaking science. Advancing
medicine. Healing made personal Patient Financial Services -150
East 42nd Street Accounting Clerk Under the supervision of the
Patient Financial Supervisor/Manager, performs a variety of patient
accounting functions, including but not limited to financial
verification, preparation of Medicaid applications, billing,
processing accounts, payment and/or charge posting, account
resolution, follow-up collections (Third party and patient),
correspondence/mail distribution/, vender account reconciliations
and customer services questions. Roles & Responsibilities: *
Adheres to the Stratified Process Work Environment utilizing either
the On-Trac or Trac system applications.
* Analyzes accounts to resolve issues that result in billing and/or
* Prepares schedules on work findings, cash postings, global
arrangements (splits) and all other schedule that is assigned.
* Prepares all downloads of billing files from Mainframe System to
Clearing House. Transmits all clean claims daily to Clearing House
and other direct payers.
* Bills and follow-up on specific specialized accounts receivable
* Interviews potential Medicaid patients before admission, during
admission and after discharge of admission to obtain essential
documentation to process Medicaid application, financial assistance
and/or determine the method of hospital reimbursement. Utilize and
input into Medicaid Tracking System (MEMS) when preparation of
Medicaid application is determined (bilingual preferred).
* Collects form of payment(s) (deposits), for elective, maternity,
international, deductible/co-insurance/co-pay and any other patient
responsibility. This collection can be prior admission, during
admission and/or after admission(bilingual preferred)
* Obtains and validates patient's third party health insurance.
Coordinates and prioritizes insurance within PFS Systems when more
than one (1) valid insurance exists. Validation of third party
insurance is obtained via various eligibility systems, calls to
third party carriers and/or patients ((bilingual preferred)
* Edits unbilled/unprocessed accounts (billing) using PFS HIS
Systems, Clearing House Claim Scrubber and/or any payer websites
available for claim correction of billed accounts.
* Bill claims to third party payers either electronically or
* Corrects denials and re-bills accounts through PFS Systems.
* Posts all manual charges into the patient accounts system. Inputs
appropriate data elements into PFS Systems for specific charge
codes (value codes, condition codes, etc).
* Post payments (manual and electronic kick-outs). Post adjustments
and reconcile/disposition accounts when necessary.
* Reconcile payments on accounts to ensure that payments agree with
negotiated rates. Reviews listings of accounts to ensure payments
are received when there are rate changes and/or annual rate
increase within said contracts.
* Follow-up all billed third party/self-pay accounts. These
accounts are followed up based on parameters set within area of
assignment and can be different based on payer. Follow-up action(s)
examples can be rebill of account, transfer, assignment of
different and/or correction of insurance data, account resolution,
phone call, and inquiry through third part website or call to
patient. These are just examples and are not limited to these
* Distributes and sorts departmental mail received. Correspondence
is noted on individual patient accounts. Correspondence is worked
within PFS Systems based on the parameters set with in the
department all other is distributed to appropriate work area.
* Requests Medical Records and communicates correspondence with
* Sends bills to patients for self-pay balances (bilingual
* Responds to patient calls or written correspondence regarding
billing issues. Proper customer service techniques should be
* Scan documents of assignment.
* Reconcile vendor accounts. Work payment remittance and closed
report/files received by outside vendors.
* Perform the preparation of patient and third party refunds.
* Respond to third party audits. Requirements: * Education: High
* Experience: Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
* The ability to work independently and on a team
* Knowledgeable with the Patient Accounts System(s): Eagle, MEMS,
Trac/On-Trac, Cirius, FSS, Cerner, Various Insurance Websites
* Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word (35 WPM min). Strength
Through Diversity The Mount Sinai Health System believes that
diversity, equity, and inclusion are key drivers for excellence. We
share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care.
When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai's unrivaled
record of achievement, education, and advancement as we
revolutionize medicine together. We invite you to participate
actively as a part of the Mount Sinai Health System team by: *
Using a lens of equity in all aspects of patient care delivery,
education, and research to promote policies and practices to allow
opportunities for all to thrive and reach their potential
* Serving as a role model confronting racist, sexist, or other
inappropriate actions by speaking up, challenging exclusionary
organizational practices, and standing side-by-side in support of
colleagues who experience discrimination
* Inspiring and fostering an environment of anti-racist behaviors
among and between departments and co-workers We work hard to
acquire and retain the best people and to create an inclusive,
welcoming and nurturing work environment where all feel they are
valued, belong, and are able to professionally advance. We share
the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or
expertise, contribute to the patient experience and quality of
patient care. Explore more about this opportunity and how you can
help us write a new chapter in our history! Who We Are Over 42,000
employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is
to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination
and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and
outreach in the many diverse communities we serve. Formed in
September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the
excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with
seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount
Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount
Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St.
Luke's, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai. The
Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS) provides equal employment
opportunity to all its employees and applicants for employment
without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their actual or
perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex,
gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, disability,
marital or parental status, sexual orientation, veteran,
immigration, citizenship, or other protected status. EOE including
Veterans and Disabled Compensation The Mount Sinai Health System
(MSHS) provides a salary range to comply with the New York City Law
on Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements. The salary range for
the role is $22.19 - $23.42 Hourly. Actual salaries depend on a
variety of factors, including experience, education, and hospital
need. The salary range or contractual rate listed does not include
bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation
Keywords: Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York , Accounting Clerk- Oncology Patient Financial Services 150 east 42nd Street, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!