Flex Security Officer
Company: Erickson Living
Location: New York
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Location:Avery Point by Erickson Senior LivingAvery Point is a
beautiful 94-acre continuing care retirement community located just
15 minutes from downtown Richmond in Short Pump, Virginia. We're
part of a growing network of communities developed and managed by
Erickson Senior Living, a national provider of senior living and
health care with campuses in 11 states-and growing.We are hiring a
Security and Emergency Services (SES) Utility Officer I who; is
responsible for carrying out the SES Program under the direction of
the Supervisor. This position performs regular patrols of the
property, provides relief staffing for the gatehouse and responds
to non-emergency calls for service. This position may also function
in a support role on emergency responses under the direct
supervision of an EMR Officer/Supervisor.Compensation: $16.75 -
$19.00/hr.How you will make an impact:
- Routine interior and exterior patrols of the buildings and
- Conducts safety checks and inspections in support of Life
Safety and OSHA compliance
- Receives calls for -non-emergency -service from dispatch and
security by radio or telephone and responds timely and
- Responds and assists in Community Emergencies, including but
not limited to; fires, floods, severe weather, hazardous materials
incidents, bomb threats, and evacuations.
- Responds and assists with searches of missing residents.
- Maintains a visible and professional presence at the
- Creates the best initial impression of the community
- Acknowledges visitors provide a pleasant greeting and offer
assistance as needed to all persons entering the community.
- Screens all vehicle and pedestrian traffic entering the
community per the gatehouse SOP
- Provides proper parking passes, maps, and instructs visitors to
park in appropriate spaces.
- Documents all visitors and vendors/contractors via the standard
Gatehouse log in legible handwriting.What we offer:
- Competitive benefits packages including medical, dental,
vision, and PTO
- 401k for all employees 18 and over. Company contribution up to
3% once eligible.
- Education assistance, certification reimbursement, and student
loan refinancing partnership programs are available.
- A "career for life" approach to professional and personal
development for our greatest asset; our employees. -
- Onsite medical centers, providing wellness visits and sick care
for all employees over 18 years of age.
- Free onsite parking at all of our communities and corporate
- A culture of diversity and inclusion, which builds on our
values, vision, and mission.What you will need:
- Ability to work independently and as a contributing team
- Ability to demonstrate professional and responsive interactions
with residents and their family members, staff, vendors, and each
- Ability to document daily activities in a clear and concise
- Ability to safely operate Security vehicles
- Ability to work with computer systems
- 18 years of age or older
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license*All required
licenses and certifications must be maintained as a condition of
employment*Erickson Senior Living, its affiliates, and managed
communities are Equal Opportunity Employers and are committed to
providing a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and
harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age,
national origin, marital status, veteran status, mental or physical
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
genetic information or any other category protected by federal,
state or local law.
Keywords: Erickson Living, New York , Flex Security Officer, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!