Security Officer- FT- Day
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Security Officer- FT- DayJFK MEDICAL CENTER Edison Requisition
#2023-124337 ShiftDay StatusFull Time with Benefits Weekend
WorkEvery Weekend HolidaysAs Needed On CallNo On-Call Required
Shift Hours6AM- 2PM Address65 James Street, Edison, 08820 Apply
Save Job Job Saved View SavedOverviewCome join our Amazing team
here at Hackensack Meridian Health! We offer EXCELLENT benefits,
Scheduling Flexibility, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts
and much more including a Generous sign on bonus!!! The Security
Officer will assume responsibility for the safety and well-being of
patients, team members, physicians, visitors, students and Medical
Center property. These responsibilities include but are not limited
to continuous surveillance, reporting and documenting all incidents
and remaining sensitive to the need for delivery of quality guest
services and assistance to all persons visiting the Medical Center.
- Make continuous patrols throughout the Medical Center to
observe and take corrective action regarding violations and
detrimental conditions related to security and safety of patients,
visitors, team members, students and property either on foot or in
a vehicle. Security Team Members act as visible deterrence to crime
and prohibited activities.
- Respond to calls and codes for security assistance by any
person within the Medical Center and take proper action including
responding quickly and effectively to emergent and non-emergent
situations including all Codes in a timely manner.
- Provide continuous coverage of the Medical Center, controlling
access to the area and assisting patients and visitors as
necessary. Challenges unauthorized persons in a professional and
courteous manner, issues appropriate passes, and enforces policies
and procedures of the Medical Center.
- Maintain and control access to all facilities owned or
operated, leased or owned by Hackensack Meridian Health.
- Expedite and ensure safe flow of traffic through the Medical
Center parking lots while enforcing parking regulations.
- Conduct preliminary and/or detailed investigations of all
unusual occurrences falling under the realm of security matters
including but not limited to interviewing witnesses, obtaining
signatures and collecting accurate information.
- Respond to fire drills and perform fire watches; facilitate
fire department inspections scheduled by regional safety
- Provide escorts to team members and visitor vehicles as
requested within jurisdiction.
- Report for duty in a clean and complete Medical Center issued
uniform, including photo identification badge and security officer
- Make continuous inspections of outer buildings, grounds, and
parking lots. Works with facilities for detection of fire and life
- Inspects all packages leaving the Medical Center when necessary
and according to policy.
- Prepares and submits computerized security incident reports
before the end of shift.
- Completes and submits a daily activity log at completion of
tour of duty.
- Maintains all departmental security equipment in good operating
condition and reports all damage immediately to the Security
- Always keeps Security Leaders informed of all matters pertinent
to safety and security conditions.
- Has knowledge of and abides by all Medical Center Code of
Conduct regulations and departmental procedures and policies
including parking regulations.
- Completes all in-service training, lectures and programs as
- Attend all mandatory meetings (departmental or special).
- Subject to all weather conditions; will be required to work in
all areas of the Medical Center, including parking lots, grounds
and outer buildings as requested.
- Will be required to perform duties as assigned by Security
leadership and execute physical security component of emergency
management plan upon occurrence of an emergency
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills that may include but are not limited
to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms. Education,
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- 2 years of college credits.
- Previous experience as Security Officer or Law Enforcement
experience. Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Possession of a valid driver's license
- Full scale State, County, Federal, and License Check will be
conducted every other year. Our NetworkHackensack
MeridianHealth(HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza
Vaccination FacilityAs a courtesy to assist you in your job search,
we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack
Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your
skills and experience.Apply
Learn aboutthis locationView MapShare this job
- EmailRecently Viewed JobsNo recently viewed jobs
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, New York , Security Officer- FT- Day, Other , Edison, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!