Posted on: January 27, 2023
Do you live or are you within commuting distance of the Greater
MetroWest NJ area? Are you comfortable speaking with people, have
the gift of the gab and good organizational skills? Then this
opportunity is for you. A nonprofit organization is seeking a
Development Officer to help raise $28 million dollars for their
annual campaign and in celebration of their 100th Year Anniversary.
OVERVIEW: The Development Officer is a key member of the Campaign
Department and is responsible for the growth of the more than $28
million total dollars raised for the Annual Campaign and support of
internal Campaign Operations. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Forge relationships with donors, strengthen current
relationships and solicit gifts.
- Review daily reports to thank and connect with new donors or
donors who have made a noticeable increase.
- Coordinate with Director of Campaign Strategy and Operations to
develop and execute plans for new donor recognition,
acknowledgement, and retention strategies.
- Be curious and look for opportunities to engage people in
different segments of our community, recapture donors we may have
- Identify donors to attend events who are capable of increased
- Develop individually tailored face-to-face, one-on-one
cultivation and solicitation meetings, and work with appropriate
lay leaders to strategize and manage their cultivation and
solicitation of targeted donors.
- Maintain existing fundraising recordkeeping procedures to
record interactions with existing and new donors and to ensure
gifts are acknowledged, recorded.
- Attend meetings, events, and conferences within Jewish
Federation of Greater MetroWest NJ and at outside
agencies/organizations as are deemed appropriate to the furtherance
- A college degree, with a preference for a master's degree.
- 3-5 years of work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, lead and collaborate
effectively with fundraising staff, volunteer leaders and volunteer
- Need to have a basic understanding of Jewish culture
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills,
oral and written.
- Willingness to roll-up sleeves to do whatever it takes to get
the job done.
- Sense of curiosity and wanting to try new things in order to
benefit the campaign and the overall organization
- Demonstrated ability to act as a team player
- Good organization, technology and computer skills. Proficient
in Microsoft Office. Comfortable with basic excel and database
searches Particulars: This organization is located in Greater
MetroWest New Jersey. The position is hybrid but candidate must be
able to work occasional evenings, meet face-to-face with donors and
attend fundraising events outside of normal business hours.
Benefits: Medical, dental, prescription and vision. Life insurance,
LTD, flexible spending accounts and tax-deferred annuity programs.
Vacation days sick days holidays Salary: $70,000 - $80,000
(starting salary commensurate with experience).Development Officer
resumes may be sent confidentially to Carol Sieger, Executive
Recruiter at gpac - . If you have any questions, please contact
Carol at .All qualified applicants will receive consideration
without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy),
religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or
any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations. GPAC
(Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm
specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple
industries across the United States since 1990. We are extremely
competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our
ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.
Keywords: GPAC, New York , Development Officer, Other , Whippany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!