ED Associate (GV)
Company: Northwell Health
Location: New York
Posted on: January 27, 2023
- Performs admission/registration,
pre-admission/pre-registration, and co-pay collection process and
- Performs reception functions.
- Performs Order Entry functions.
- Performs collection functions
- Serves as a backup to other staff members (escorting patients
to other areas, delivering medical records to other areas,
obtaining test results, etc.), as required. Serves as a primary
resource in providing information and facilitating services in the
- Greets patients, visitors and employees to the Emergency
Department and overall facility in a courteous and friendly
- Assists medical staff, other hospital departments, physicians,
affiliates, patients and their families with requests for
information and services.
- Provides interpretation of regulations to patients (i.e
visiting hours, patient services, etc.).
- Provides information regarding facility regulations and
- Answers telephone calls and takes messages, responding with
appropriate department protocol.
- Provides facility rules and regulations, upon request.
- Performs administrative functions to facilitate patient
- Interviews patients/significant others and obtains all relevant
demographic and insurance data.
- Obtains necessary signatures and makes copies of relevant
- Maintains current knowledge of changes in regulations, or
policies and procedures, with regard to insurance requirements,
hospital policies, etc.
- Ensures patients are charged for all services accordingly and
initiates corrective action, as needed. Codes insurance carriers
and other system information.
- Accurately documents all required information in department log
book or computer log.
- Assigns on-line account numbers
- Communicates with Medical Records to see if patient has an
existing account number.
- Prepares and maintains patient chart packages. Prepares chart
package to include chart, triage note, ED identification card,
labels and visitor pass.
- Ensures charts are available for medical staff in a timely
- Reviews ED census with copies of charts that are collected
after services are rendered.
- Reviews and ensures charts are accurately documented and
completed after services are rendered.
- Documents charges and payment data and ensures charts are
accurately coded and prepared for billing.
- Prepares charts for transfer to Data Processing. Performs chart
break down for billing, filing and/or transfer to Medical
- Manages department on-call systems.
- Pages and contacts medical personnel, physicians, laboratory,
- Assists staff, affiliated physicians and patients/family
members acquire needed information, contacts or services.
- Initiates Disaster Plan, when necessary.
- Utilizes reference lists for referrals when requested.
- Submits laboratory test orders, as required. Receives and
- Processes orders as instructed, ensuring proper labeling of
specimens and timely transport to lab.
- Notifies medical staff of test results in a timely
- Maintains accurate records of orders submitted and follows up
with outside departments for results. Ensures results are
documented in patient chart.
- Performs general clerical duties to promote efficient
functioning of department.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and efficient
- Locates, sorts and files needed information, materials or
records and paperwork, both medical and general.
- Routinely operates office equipment.
- Answers telephone and receives visitors in a courteous manner,
- Performs related duties as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Minimum of six (6) months registration experience in hospital
or related healthcare setting, required.
- Typing 20 wpm, required.
- Ability to use general office equipment, required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, required.
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith
determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to
a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job
advertisement and may be modified in the future. When determining a
team member's base salary and/or rate, several factors may be
considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line,
years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated
contracts, budget and internal equity).
Keywords: Northwell Health, New York , ED Associate (GV), Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!