Environmental Scientist I
Location: Lincoln Park
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Job Description: - - - Environmental Scientist ISUMMARY
DESCRIPTION: Responsible for management of site-specific field
activities, including activities performed by sub-contractors.
Preserve client and sub-contractor relations.ESSENTIAL
- Be familiar with State and Federal Cleanup Regulations.
- Field Data Reporting.
- Development and Implementation of Health, Safety and Sampling
- Traveling and long hours specific to case by case job
- Be flexible to work some nights and/or weekends
- Oversee environmental activities performed on site at
remediation and sampling locations.
- Monitors air quality as appropriate.
- Performs sampling of soil, water, air, concrete and other media
- Assists in the development of client proposals.
- Sets up field sampling services as per proposals with
- Completes field sampling tasks as appropriate for each proposal
- Ensures safety of all personnel assigned to a field site by
implementation of proper health and safety plans as well as project
- Submits timesheets and expense reports correctly and on a
- Ensures proper handling, packaging, reporting, and transporting
of all materials in accordance with proper procedures and
- Reports improper handling, safety violations, or any other
dangerous activity to proper authorities and HCI management.
- Manages the proper disposal of all waste materials.
- Coordinates all subcontractor activities in accordance with
contract and good/safe operating procedures.
- Maintains excellent attendance to ensure position
responsibilities are properly performed.
- Maintain doc(s) and certifications.
- Perform proper groundwater and soil sampling using assigned
SOP(s) and State field sampling procedures.
- Must be able to lift equipment and supplies up to 50
- Performs additional duties as required.Requirements: -
- HC is a Federal contractor subject to regulations (49 CFR 219),
which, among other things, prohibit field employees from alcohol
and drug use, and all such employees are subject to pre-employment,
random, reasonable suspicion, and post-accident drug and alcohol
testing in accordance with those regulations. -
- Bachelor's degree in Science/Business or related field
- 0 - 3 years' experience in field remediation
- Must obtain and maintain 40 hour OSHA training
- Be familiar with OSHA standards as related to the environmental
remediation field and personnel safety.
- Must be familiar with construction codes and cleanup
- Must be computer literate and have a proficiency in Word, Power
Point and Excel.
Keywords: Hampton-Clarke,Inc., New York , Environmental Scientist I, Other , Lincoln Park, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!