CRG Team - Jr. Executive Assistant / Operations Coordinator
Company: Alvarez & Marsal
Location: New York
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Consumer & Retail Group Executive Assistant / Operations Coordinator
Who We Are:
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a premier independent global professional services firm specializing in providing turnaround management, restructuring, performance improvement and corporate advisory services.
Alvarez & Marsal's Consumer & Retail Group is targeting high growth in the next 2-4 years. We are a team of seasoned consultants and world class operators who have a true passion for the clients, industries and sectors we serve.
Established almost three years ago, we also have the backing of a restructuring powerhouse and have adopted its culture of entrepreneurship and a bias for action.
Building a legacy for our people is just as important to our team as building a legacy for our clients. CRG's leaders invite you to be a part of molding our practice into something extraordinary. Our people's passion and authenticity make CRG a world-class team.
We are Seeking:
* An energetic, dynamic and entrepreneurial assistant with experience in a fast-paced environment and a strong sense of humor
* Candidates who have experience partnering with both internal and external personnel, often at upper and executive-management level
* Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently, comfortable navigating new systems and tools and able to meet deadlines under pressure
Your Role Will Include:
* Partner with 4 CRG Managing Directors: provide support with complex calendars, arrange intricate travel / logistics, process time and heavy expense report submissions
* Coordinate meetings, conference calls, process invoices, prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations and other materials
* Work with the EA team to provide coverage for Managing Directors during time out of the office.
* Conference room scheduling and catering orders, logistics (reservations)
* Handle filing, mail, packages, prep and distribute meeting materials, greet clients and visitors for CRG
* Work with internal teams building and leveraging relationships across the organization and clients projects
* Identify opportunities to improve work processes and contribute to best practices protocols for shared team documents.
* Provide operational support on projects and other practice building efforts as needed.
* Support client project invoicing, check memos and project code creation
* Detailed invoice management and tracking
* Proactive, resourceful, and instinctive, with a natural ability to solve problems and seek new information.
* A team player who thrives in a fast-paced fun work environment with action-orientation and drive.
* A strong communicator in any medium (email, teams, phone, text) and enjoy collaborating internally across the firm and externally with clients.
* Experienced in strong decision making and have exceptional time management and prioritization skills; you're able to see the "big picture" and handle all the small details.
* Willing to receive feedback, desire and capacity for learning and growth and ability to work with ambiguous and changing priorities.
* This role is remote with the ability to come in to the New York office as needed.
* This candidate will be likely required to work across time zones and work overtime as needed to support the Managing Directors, Operations, and Recruiting
* A Bachelor's degree with 2 - 5+ years working as an Assistant or Recruiting Coordinator role in a professional services firm / management consulting firm
* Excellent computer skills - MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
* Excellent experience with Concur or other expense reporting tool
* Experience with Concur or other travel booking tool, Agresso or other time management tool
* Flexibility to work remotely
* Small team, ability to make large impact
* Comprehensive health, dental, vision, wellness programs (discounted memberships, health coaching, onsite snacks/drinks), paid time off, retirement savings plans, life and disability, training and learning portals - courses, workshops and much more!
Who will you be working with?
We are not a typical consulting firm. We are a group of entrepreneurial accounting professionals who embody the A&M Core Values - inclusive diversity, integrity, quality, objectivity, fun and personal reward while delivering a tailored and scalable approach to working with private equity, hedge fund, and corporate clients. We present you with opportunities, not a playbook, and we reward you based on performance, not your tenure.
How will you grow and be supported?
As a demonstration of A&M's strong commitment to its people, we offer benefits to support your career, personal and professional developments. This includes performance-based career progression and promotion process, high quality practice-wide training programs, a global mobility program, rotation opportunities in other practice areas, employee resource groups, and a health and wellness program. Click here to learn about our commitment to your well-being.
A&M recognizes that our people fuel our growth, and you and your team will be provided with the best available training and development resources, as well as networking opportunities. Click here to learn more about why A&M is a great place to work.
Keywords: Alvarez & Marsal, New York , CRG Team - Jr. Executive Assistant / Operations Coordinator, Other , New York, New York
here to apply!